- Durban University of TechnologyVideo Technology, 2004 - 2007
- Hillcrest High School1996 - 2001
The world is a big place, I want to explore it.
From a young age I always had a taste for adventure, and a love for wild animals. This has permeated through the years, and now my biggest passion is wildlife and travel photography.
I do however enjoy the technicalities of portraiture, so I do photograph the human species in its natural habitat as well.
- BRBphoto.comOwner, 2009 - present
- Earth-TouchIT Assistant, 2011 - 2012As IT assistant I am responsible for making sure the network is running, as well as dealing with Internet service providers. I also deal with any new computer/laptop installations (Primarily Apple computers) Helped to create an automation system used with our footage logging and archive interface, syncing metadata from our archive system to Final Cut Server, aiding editors in searching for media. As well as automating the process whereby footage gets uploaded automatically into our logging and archive interface for loggers to begin work through. I am also in charge of the stills image archive, so I am responsible for organising the stills library, adding any incoming media, as well as choosing a Picture of the Day and stills for use in promotional material.
- Earth-TouchIngester, 2010 - 2011Ingesting/capturing of HDCam tapes to server, transcoding of solid state camera footage to edit friendly codecs, creating of clips to upload to web to be used in stock footage archive, Quality control of ingested/transcoded media. Assisted in streamlining processes for online stock archive.
- Radiant Defense
When Photographers Attack: The 7 Most Controversial Issues in Photograph...
Photographers! Let's talk a little about this! When Photographers Attack: The 7 Most Controversial Issues in Photography Today
Earth Touch News Network - Your wildlife photos could be helping poacher...
You might love posting your wildlife photos online, but what if those snaps are helping to lead poachers to their targets? Here's how to mak