Antiquarian bookseller Books Tell You Why
was established in its current form in 2002 in South Carolina, U.S. Near Charleston, where history has been written and re-written many times.
What started out with a few very valuable books from personal collections is expanding rapidly; Books Tell You Why has established itself as one of the leading sources for rare and autographed books in the Southeastern United States.
- Andrea, Customer Service and everything nice
- Christopher, Enfant Terrible. Opens incoming book boxes and detects fake signatures. Focus on fly-fishing books and early dust-jackets.
- Jeremy, Cataloger in Chief. Understands a thing or two about books. Lives in the Civil War without getting wounded.
- Joachim, Factotum Generalis, gets everything that's broke and nobody else can fix.
- Katharina, Finance wizard, also knows about Marketing, fairs and stuff. One of the younger ABAA members. To be reckoned with. As is her offering of children's and Christmas books, and Charles van Sandwyk.
- Kristin, Chief Content Brain. You think it, she writes it, no good thought remains unposted. Sprinkles pixie dust on Google+, newsletters, blog, facebook, twitter and just about everything else.
Then there's others, Anamika, Andrea+, Christine, Greg, Jordan, Kristin+, Meagan, Rom Tom the cat, etc. None of them quite ready yet to fess up. Once they are, they'll be moving up into the bulleted (and hence unsafe) list.
: Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America (ABAA), International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB), Antiquarian Book Dealers' Association of South Carolina (ABDASC), Independent Online Booksellers’ Association (IOBA)