( Windows 8 = W8 = WAIT! ) If you're currently using Windows XP or Vista, and wondering whether you should buy a new PC with Windows 7 now, or wait for Windows 8 in October, here's my advice...
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Thanks for the article Bob! I was looking at new PCs last week and trying to determine whether not to wait. I think I"ll get one before the end of the summer now :)Jun 26, 2012
- That's my plan, too!Jun 26, 2012
- would like to get registered with lowfat linux free linux classes,but there seems to be no registration page on the site
How do I get myself registered?Aug 29, 2012
- There's no need to register. Just read through the lessons at your own pace. They're all on the website.Aug 29, 2012
- I went there today and the site doesn't seem to be working correctly. Lots of links, no content...Dec 11, 2012
- Maybe it was being updated? Seems fine now.Dec 11, 2012
- Some of the pages (e.g. bash commands) have lots of content, but others seem to have nothing. E.g. "Linus Introduction" ( http://lowfatlinux.com/linux-learning.html ) has the title of the page, a blank space (my browser may be blocking an ad or something) and then this text:
840? "840px": "auto" );">
Then there's the "More to Explore" section below that.
Off to the right is the sidebar with Popular Now and You May Like sections.
I know this page had more a few weeks ago when I looked at it. (With the old look.)
(I promise, I'm not trying to troll or criticize. I've seen this today on different computers in two separate locations.)Dec 12, 2012
- It's working now (with the old look). Thanks!Dec 13, 2012