From a vantage of 10,000 feet, they will cast a vast radar net from Raleigh, N.C., to Boston and out to Lake Erie, with the goal of detecting cruise missiles or enemy aircraft so they could be intercepted before reaching the capital.
These are the main culprits, but many other things converged together to get us where we are at.
- Lowe Campbell EwaldDirector, Information Technology, present
I comment. I'm interested in discussion not argument. Snarky replies are the surest way to discourage me from commenting further.
These are the areas I am most interested in and likely to comment on. Follow me if you have like interests:
- Politics as theater of the absurd
- Economics (Austrian - Mises and Hayek)
- Science esp. the commercialization of space - SpaceX, Virgin Galactic and Scaled Composites
- Technology - long list here; not a fanboy (Apple included); early adopter
- Genealogy / History
- The Great Lakes Basin / Water Management
- Catholic Social Teaching - Solidarity, Subsidiarity and Distributism
And, finally, here's my list of witty sayings that best describe me:
- No matter what happens... somebody will find a way to take it too seriously
- If you're not paying for it, you are not the customer, you are the product
- Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it
- All generalizations are false
- Plan to be spontaneous - tomorrow
- Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
- Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?
- Give me ambiguity or give me something else
- Be yourself. No one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong
- Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment
- Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it
- Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your mouth is moving
- If there's one thing we learn from history, it's that we don't learn from history
- You HAVE to believe in miracles to depend upon them
- For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism
- No one is listening until you make a mistake
- The facts, although interesting, are usually irrelevant
- Indecision is the key to flexibility
- I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges
Why Is A Gigantic War-Blimp About To Fly Above the Skies Of Suburban Bal...
One of the most disturbing and relentless trends over the past several years has been the redirection of war technology and equipment from t
Articles: Dangerous Times: The New York Times Goes the Full Pravda
Every thoughtful person knows the NY Times peddles shameless whoppers every single day, just as Pravda did in Soviet Moscow -- "pravda" mean
Why Obama frets about income inequality, not family breakdown
The Obama White House argues hard that rising US income inequality makes it tougher for Americans to climb the economic ladder. When Preside
Occupy Wall Street at Zuccotti Park, Lower Manhattan, Manhattan, New Yor...
Occupy Wall Street at Zuccotti Park, Lower Manhattan, Manhattan, New York City, New York State, USA is a licensed reproduction that was prin
A Cash-Strapped Europe's Latest Craze: Rented Clothes | Zero Hedge
Renting and leasing of consumer products with the intention of testing them out or keeping them after a specific period is nothing new, and
Amazon Experimenting With Drones That Will Deliver Packages In 30 Minutes
UPDATE: The big announcement is Amazon is...
For Nearly Two Decades the Nuclear Launch Code at all Minuteman Silos in...
Today I found out that during the height of the Cold War, the US military put such an emphasis on a rapid response to an attack on American
The ignorant omniscience of President Obama - Hot Air
He knows everything and nothing at all.
Capuchin Soup Kitchen caters to your Thanksgiving menu
No time to prepare the traditional Thanksgiving meal?
Flummoxed! Obama pairs apology with perplexing proposal. | The Incidenta...
The following is a guest post by Nicholas Bagley, University of Michigan Assistant Professor of Law. Now that the President has apologized f
No batteries needed! Future robots may run on urine
Scientists have found a way to power future robots using an unusual source -- urine.
The Obamacare Rollout: The Administration Needs a Plan B––Now!
It is now becoming clear that the Obama administration will not have Health.care.gov fixed by December 1 so hundreds of thousands, or perhap
Bombshell: Obama officials said more than half of employer-sponsored hea...
If you like your plan ... you're probably screwed.