The "Design for Autonomous Net-Zero Water Buildings" Project Funded By NSF:
The students at the University of Miami will know firsthand the importance of rethinking the way we handle wastewater and water with a Net-Zero water treatment system on site. The project showed the viability and feasibility to take buildings off the water grid to provide water recycling and how it can be achieved without raising the cost of high quality water.
Bio-Microbics introduces the d-Rain Joint, a simple, green alternative #stormwater filtered drain for hard surfaces. As an exterior linear #filterdrain for impervious ( #concrete #asphalt ) surfaces, the unit puts filtered rainwater in the underneath gravel detention area of the pavement increasing the usable surface and eliminating costly storm water #drainage #infrastructure . The product is a new, cost-effective method for creating permeable, pervious surfaces. It was developed to satisfy a permeable, #pervious driveway requirement while addressing the #LEED and #NAHB #greenbuilding Guidelines. #BMPs and #LID practices are highly recommended in today’s #building and #sitedesigns ; which are increasingly required to meet #stormwatermanagement mandates. This filter drain can be part of a permeable, pervious solution
- Bio-Microbics, Inc.Manufacturers of FAST®, BioBarrier®, and BioSTORM® systems, present
Better Water. Better World.®
Why Can’t Wastewater Treatment be Simple? With Bio-Microbics, it is.
Clean water is a global problem. The solution is within reach. Innovation makes complex wastewater treatment problems easy to solve. Our pre-engineered, modular wastewater and stormwater treatment products combine ease, effectiveness, and affordability and allow for water reuse. With more than 40,000 homes, communities, businesses, and marine vessels in over 60 countries, they are chugging along right now. Unnoticed. And, that’s just how we like it.
· EPA-ETV (Environmental Protection Agency – Environmental Technology Verified) - RetroFAST® .150, .250, & .375
· NSF/ANSI Std 40, class 1 – MicroFAST® 0.5 - 1.5 & BioBarrier® MBR 0.5 - 1.5
· NSF/ANSI Std 245 (Nitrogen Reduction) – MicroFAST® 0.5 - 1.5 & BioBarrier® MBR
· NSF/ANSI Std 350 class R (Water Reuse) – BioBarrier® MBR 0.5 - 1.5
· EN 12566-3 (European Union Standards) – BioBarrier® MBR & BioBarrier® HSMBR® for up to 50 People
Visit our YouTube Channel often to see our videos that capture Field Services, Installations, and animations to show the action behind Bio-Microbics and its products. Because, we believe that ‘Better Water’ does make for a ‘Better World’….