HTTPS is faster than HTTP https://www.httpvshttps.com
SSL/TLS actually is not slow https://istlsfastyet.com
https://letsencrypt.org brings free SSL in mid-2015 with simple setup:
$ yum install lets-encrypt
$ lets-encrypt example.com
SPDY is deprecate and replaced with HTTP/2.
"There are other technologies, like Flash and HTML5 Local Storage that do similar things, and these are also covered by the legislation..."
Accepted cookies cases
* user-centric security
* multimedia content player
* user-interface customization
* third-party social plug-in content-sharing
"...Google Analytics is covered by the requirements of the EU Cookie Law. ... Google Analytics sets first party cookies, however many accounts have the opt-out setting active to "true" which Google allows to anonymously track...
If the information collected about website use is passed to a third party you should make this absolutely clear to the user."
"Any business whose website is exclusively targeted to non-EU audiences will not have to comply. ...cookie notices on websites are impacting the user experience without increasing privacy. ...ICO has powers to force websites to change or it can impose a fine of up to £500,000..."
Average Cookies stats
* Cookies per website 17
* Strictly necessary 1%
* Performance 5%
* Functionality 3%
* Targeting 59%
* Unknown 32%
* Squash & stretch
* Straight ahead & pose to pose
* Follow through & overlapping
* Slow in & slow out
* Secondary action
* Solid drawings
, "the fathers of the Internet", discusses the need of IPv6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uwjt32NvVA
IPv4 is designed to provide 4.3 billion addresses.
The solution is to adopt IPv6 that can handle 340 trillion trillion trillion different addresses, www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/. Unfortunately must of the World still hasn't jet deployed it what can lead to Internet outage.
News article http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/the-internet-s-ip-addresses-are-running-out-can-ipv6-save-the-day-1.3074428
works now in Microsoft to make IE disappear, says: "I want to be there when the browser gets killed" https://vimeo.com/125806422.
It shocks me seeing this days someone using jQuery, , Backbone.js, etc. instead of writing native code. Its like pushing the Web backward.
HEVC based Fabric Bellard's BPG (Better Portable Graphics) has outstanding quality, file compression and decoding performance.
* Chrome crbug.com/444452
* Firefox bugzil.la/1111277
- StampliUX/FED/GUI Lead, 2014 - presentStampli cross-platform webapp for bookkeeping.
- TriapodiUX/FED Lead, 2011 - 2014HTML5 guru for personalized app market Appreciate.mobi cross-platform apps, stats, etc.
- Social FabricsUX/FED/GUI Lead, 2011 - 2012Tippers app/extension, widget, portal.
- JumpelUX/FED/GUI Lead, 2010 - 2011Jumpel cross-platform webapp for synchronized collaborative Web workspace.
- Freelance2006 - 2011Visual Artist, designer, front/back-end developer. Pushing Web forward.
- Norge high-techProject manager, Web designer, 2005 - 2005
- JRRMVArtist in Visual Arts, 2000 - 2005
CSS Image Values and Replaced Content Module Level 3
This module contains the features of CSS level 3 relating to the type and replaced elements. It includes and extends the functionality of CS
Safari on iOS 7 and HTML5: problems, changes and new APIs | Breaking the...
Apple has rolled out iOS 7 with iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C . As expected, Apple has published just 10% of the necessary information for web dev