... The web is, sadly enough, littered with unhelpful error messages and assumptions that it is the user’s fault when they can’t consume the thing we built. ... Don’t tell the user when things go wrong – they can not fix what you messed up." https://www.christianheilmann.com/2016/01/16/dont-tell-me-what-my-browser-cant-do/
Microsoft officially announced dropping all IE support, except IE11 for now.
After January 12, 2016, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support for older versions of Internet Explorer.
* Microsoft Vista doesn't support IE10, either IE11 upgrade. This announcement perhaps contradicts its support policy expected till April 11, 2017.
* IE11 said to be supported till end of Windows 10, October 14, 2025. Personally I don't think that IE11 will hold even for few years.
"[...] we will stop offering Firefox OS smartphones through carrier channels."
Update: Firefox OS development for phones is officially discontinued https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/firefox-os-connected-devices-announcement/6864
SHA-1 is deprecated and replaced with SHA-2 standard.
"... will begin issuing warnings and eventually completely distrust connections ... starting January 1, 2016, you will no longer be able to get a new SHA-1 certificate from most certificate authorities." proposes fallback support for legacy browsers with new Legacy Verified (LV) certificate.
Java Applets scheduled entirely deprecated in JDK 9 (Sep 2016), offers migrating to plugin-free Java Web Start.
"Let's Encrypt issued a subscriber certificate that was used for distributing malware and, when informed, Let's Encrypt declined to revoke the certificate. The subscriber certificate at issue was an integral part of a criminal attack to install banking malware on computers."
faster than HHVM, Ruby, Python, Perl, Java, etc.
* PHP 7 twice as fast as PHP 5.6
* Significantly reduced memory usage
* Consistent 64-bit support, etc.
Benchmarks http://www.zend.com/en/resources/php7_infographic, http://codesrich.com/php7-locally-using-bitnami-mamp-stack/
- StampliUX/FED/GUI lead, 2014 - presentStampli cross-platform webapp for bookkeeping.
- TriapodiUX/FED lead, 2011 - 2014HTML5 guru for personalized app market Appreciate.mobi cross-platform apps, stats, etc.
- Social FabricsUX/FED/GUI lead, 2011 - 2012Tippers app/extension, widget, portal.
- JumpelUX/FED/GUI lead, 2010 - 2011Jumpel cross-platform webapp for synchronized collaborative Web workspace.
- Freelance2006 - 2011Visual Artist, designer, front/back-end developer. Pushing Web forward.
- Norge high-techProject manager, Web designer, 2005 - 2005
- JRRMVArtist in Visual Arts, 2000 - 2005
CSS Image Values and Replaced Content Module Level 3
This module contains the features of CSS level 3 relating to the type and replaced elements. It includes and extends the functionality of CS
Safari on iOS 7 and HTML5: problems, changes and new APIs | Breaking the...
Apple has rolled out iOS 7 with iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C . As expected, Apple has published just 10% of the necessary information for web dev