HTTPS is faster than HTTP https://www.httpvshttps.com
SSL/TLS actually is not slow https://istlsfastyet.com
https://letsencrypt.org brings free SSL in mid-2015 with simple setup:
$ yum install lets-encrypt
$ lets-encrypt example.com
SPDY is deprecate and replaced with HTTP/2.
"There are other technologies, like Flash and HTML5 Local Storage that do similar things, and these are also covered by the legislation..."
Accepted cookies cases
* user-centric security
* multimedia content player
* user-interface customization
* third-party social plug-in content-sharing
"...Google Analytics is covered by the requirements of the EU Cookie Law. ... Google Analytics sets first party cookies, however many accounts have the opt-out setting active to "true" which Google allows to anonymously track...
If the information collected about website use is passed to a third party you should make this absolutely clear to the user."
"Any business whose website is exclusively targeted to non-EU audiences will not have to comply. ...cookie notices on websites are impacting the user experience without increasing privacy. ...ICO has powers to force websites to change or it can impose a fine of up to £500,000..."
Average Cookies stats
* Cookies per website 17
* Strictly necessary 1%
* Performance 5%
* Functionality 3%
* Targeting 59%
* Unknown 32%
* Squash & stretch
* Straight ahead & pose to pose
* Follow through & overlapping
* Slow in & slow out
* Secondary action
* Solid drawings
HTML5.1 on Recommendation in 2016 Q4
Plan 2014 dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/html5-2014-plan.html
HTML ED (Nightly) www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/
SSL test https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/
, and announcement:
It shocks me seeing this days someone using jQuery, , Backbone.js, etc. instead of writing native code. Its like pushing the Web backward.
HEVC based Fabric Bellard's BPG (Better Portable Graphics) has outstanding quality, file compression and decoding performance.
* Chrome wkb.ug/444452
* Firefox bugzil.la/1111277
1. Responsive vs Adaptive web design
2. The flow
3. Relative units
5. Max and Min values
6. Nested objects
7. Mobile or Desktop first
8. Web-fonts vs System fonts
9. Bitmap images vs Vectors
* in 1 year 6,351 km what's 21.9 billion photos
* in 26 days 460 km height of International Space Station
* in 6 days 100 km Outer edge of the Earth’s atmosphere
* in 2 days 39,045 km Red Bull Stratos space jump
* in 12 hours 8,848 km Mount Everest
* in 37 minutes 443 m Empire State Building
Infographic source: https://photoworld.com/photos-on-the-web/
- StampliUX/FED/GUI Lead, 2014 - presentStampli cross-platform webapp for bookkeeping.
- TriapodiUX/FED Lead, 2011 - 2014HTML5 guru for personalized app market Appreciate.mobi cross-platform apps, stats, etc.
- Social FabricsUX/FED/GUI Lead, 2011 - 2012Tippers app/extension, widget, portal.
- JumpelUX/FED/GUI Lead, 2010 - 2011Jumpel cross-platform webapp for synchronized collaborative Web workspace.
- Freelance2006 - 2011Visual Artist, designer, front/back-end developer. Pushing Web forward.
- Norge high-techProject manager, Web designer, 2005 - 2005
- JRRMVArtist in Visual Arts, 2000 - 2005
CSS Image Values and Replaced Content Module Level 3
This module contains the features of CSS level 3 relating to the type and replaced elements. It includes and extends the functionality of CS
Safari on iOS 7 and HTML5: problems, changes and new APIs | Breaking the...
Apple has rolled out iOS 7 with iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C . As expected, Apple has published just 10% of the necessary information for web dev