by Uri Schonfeld and Narayanan Shivakumar
_In this paper, we perform a detailed study of how “classic” discovery crawling compares with Sitemaps, in key measures such as coverage
and freshness over key representative websites as well as ov
er billions of URLs seen at Google_
- Widener University School of LawLaw
- University of DelawareEnglish
- Hillsborough High School
I previously lived in the Virginia Piedmont, about 50 miles west of Washington, DC in a county filled with horse pastures and farm fields. I am presently located in Carlsbad, California.
I enjoy reading fiction and science fiction, listening to most types of music, delving into the history behind small towns, out door photography, and exploring nature.
I am the Founder and President of SEO by the Sea, and I like working with people with their web sites, to help make them easier to find, and easier to use.
Some posts I've written in the past that focus upon analyzing patents from the search engines:
- Google's Reasonable Surfer: How the Value of a Link May Differ Based upon Link and Document Features and User Data
- The Google Rank-Modifying Spammers Patent
- Google’s Agent Rank / Author Rank Patent Application
- The Google Hummingbird Patent?
I am often called a patent analyst or patent expert or patent guru by many people and bloggers and media writers, but my job is not to analyze or interpret patents. I do that for fun, and to learn things about search engines and search that I otherwise couldn't.
I consider it performing due diligence and feeding my curiosity - the information behind many business models and algorithms that search engines use are being made public, and it's worth taking the time and making the effort to read through them and trying to understand what they say and why they say it.
- Go Fish DigitalDirector of Search Marketing, 2013 - present
- SEO by the SeaPresident and Internet Marketing Consultant, 2005 - present