- Chicago Tribunejournalist, 2004 - present
- San Francisco Chroniclejournalist, 2003 - 2004
- Hartford Courantjournalist, 1991 - 2002
- Middletown Pressjournalist, 1987 - 1991
- Shoreline Newspapersjournalist, 1981 - 1986
Bill Daley is a food writer with the Chicago Tribune. He is active in social media, notably Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest.
Daley arrived at the Tribune in 2004. For six years, he wrote the Good Eating section's weekly wine column, “Uncorked,” and a Sunday q-and-a column called “Daley Drink” for four years. He broadcast a weekly food and wine radio segment for five years, first for WBBM-AM and then for WGN-AM.
Prior to the Tribune, Daley was a food writer and restaurant reviewer with the San Francisco Chronicle and spent 11 years at the Hartford Courant, where he ultimately became the Sunday magazine’s restaurant reviewer. He served as president of the Association of Food Journalists from 2002-2004.
A graduate of Manhattanville College, Daley also holds a master’s degree from Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism in New York City. He is a resident of Chicago’s Uptown neighborhood.
- Columbia UniversityJournalism, 1986 - 1987
- Manhattanville CollegeHistory/Religion, 1976 - 1980