New 1.14 is laggy and slow to boot. Yes I booted twice. I am reverting now. Not recommended and I hope my machine goes back to normal. Acer 131t c1yf
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
- Martin WimpressOwnerRun systemd-analyse and post the output here please.Jun 9, 2016
- sorry... Already downgraded. Memory was almost 600mb from 375 now. I think I was less than that before..but it is better (tolerable) reverted now than the 1.14 update. Boot time was maybe 30 or 40 seconds from 12.
Lag time for launching apps was similar proportions. It workes. The delay was livable but you wouldn't would not want to live with it just to have gtk3 themes.Jun 9, 2016
- A voice in my head told m me to wait. Well. At least we can help others to avoid. Revert and it goes back down...or mostly..I forget the original mb of memory it was using. I wasted 250mb of data (in Myanmar) to upgrade and downgrade.Jun 9, 2016
- I followed the instructions on the webupd8.org to upgrade and downgrade. It worked..but I am bet my system is corrupted with some lingering files now.Jun 9, 2016
- In my Lenovo G50-70 it is running fine, no lag or whatsoever; though the high memory consumption problem is there. I am also seeing a a 1.1 GB of RAM use with only 1 tab open in Google Chrome.
Here is the output of systemd-analyze:
Startup finished in 4.690s (firmware) + 4.381s (loader) + 4.316s (kernel) + 30.790s (userspace) = 44.179sJun 9, 2016
- Martin WimpressOwnerI can't prove your claim regarding memory consumption - https://ubuntu-mate.org/blog/mate-desktop-gtk2-vs-gtk3-memory-consumption/Jun 10, 2016