Directed by Bernie Sheredy
February 13 - March 1
Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm
Sundays at 3 pm
Pay-What-You-Can-Night Thursday Feb 19 at 8 pm
For reservations call 607-724-4341
- Hearth and HerbsHerbalist, Owner, Knitter, 2014 - presentI have knitted since I was in high school and began Aran knitting when my children we were wee ones some 40 years ago. It also was at that time that I began a self study of the "forgotten arts" or herbalism. I had a huge organic perennial herb garden and also raised a comparable amount of annual herbs organically in our vegie garden, many of whom were companion plants to the vegies themselves. Since then, many changes occurred in my life and while it was my dream to continue the Tasha Tudor like existence, I ended up in the city working on a MA in art History with a very different direction until I had my accident... then the herbal life returned as a salvation and a very viable option to allopathic medicine and pain killers. My practice is small but the people know me and trust me and will come to me for options when those over the counter products are unsuccessful and herbals are the ideal.
- KNOW Theatre NYsocial media onsultant, 2013 - presentmaintaining social media accounts and webpage for local off Broadway theatre. Creating graphics used in social media advertising on the various platforms, interacting with the respondents on the various platforms to ensure brand loyalty. This is purely a volunteer position
- BT Designgraphic designer, 1996 - presentI occasionally perform graphic design jobs which utilize the various skills and design platforms of which I am trained in...photoshop, indesign and illustrator.
- BJ Tuininga Fine ArtFine Artist, 2002 - present
- www.bjtuininga.crevado.com (current)
Creativity and Art have always been a part of my world. Fortunately, as time has gone by, my knowledge, methods and tastes have evolved. While much of my work reflects my love a thick impasto and the influence of greats like Van Gogh, the Post Impressionist and at times Expressionists Movements, I find my Art Historical background often comes into play when I am searching for a new approach.
While the influence is not necessarily purposeful, my recent collages have really come about because of my love for the medium and for the work of German Dadaist Kurt Schwitters. His work was based more on found objects…mine are also” found,” found in boxes in my home, or online, etc. While in the eyes of some, the collages are absolutely nonsensical…but given the time to observe the real object, the themes seem to transport you back in time.
So if you enjoy a western landscape, thick in impasto, a whimsical collage with a thought provoking message, or a picture to brighten a corner…Welcome to the creative world of BJ Tuininga Fine Art
- Binghamton UniversityHistory of Art and Architecture, 2003 - 2005
- Keene State CollegeBA in Graphic Design, 2000 - 2002
- New Hampshire Technical InstituteEarly Childhood Education, 1988 - 1991