I have to say that I think this new four column layout is rather busy. Also, the amount of whitespace in the bar to the right of here is rather jarring and takes away from me seeing the content. Shame really.
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 6 previous comments
- I honestly think there are a bunch of modifications they could make that would make it better. I honestly liked it much better when the post was the center point of view because it just felt better for reading longer posts. Seems like they want to discourage that now.
As for this turning into Facebook "I hate this change", I don't think that is going to happen. I think the Google engineers need to test and play around with different ideas to find one that best fits their brand and what they are trying to convey.
I don't think this is necessarily it, but I could be wrong :-)Apr 11, 2012
- I agree, now it feels like they're trying to put the focus on links to spam your friends with invites, rather than focusing on the actual content actually being posted. The layout is so awkward now :(Apr 11, 2012
- on my laptop at least, the white space ain't bad (1280x768). Though I don't think the actual content isn't being focused per say. My reasoning is because from what I saw earlier on my 1920x1080 screen, it just shifted to the left since I'm used to seeing it on the center. Quite possibly though, I suppose I would think it a bit odd to see lots of white space unused if I was a first time G+ user. I just reacted earlier cause it seemed appropriate at the time xDApr 12, 2012
- I will admit, the #usesforwhitespace are getting pretty funny. Maybe Google engineers will take the hint?Apr 12, 2012
- thank you for the entertainment :)Apr 12, 2012
- So finally checked out this new desktop change. The whitespace doesn't bother me, but I'd rather the "content" be on the right and "buddy list" on the left. Scrolling my "content" on the left while trying to find the stupid scroll bar on the far right hurts my brain. :pApr 12, 2012