I am coining #PostNeoFlashSite
as meaning a website that looks like what a 2008 Adobe Flash developer would have created, but using Web Eight Point 0h technologies exclusively.
I kept right clicking on the site waiting for the Flash context menu, but it was hidden by a #PostNeoFlashSite
. I knew this day was coming, but today I have seen it.
* static content hosted on static.wix.com
(no expire headers)
* google search reveals that all previous links are now 404 or 500 errors. (PageRank buffalo jump, single page app)
* no navigation leading to revenue generating pages ($)
* no phone number shown prominently ($)
* complex navigation requiring an operators manual, with CSS transition effects Flash developers only dreamed of
* navigation makes site unusable on mobile (onMouseOverReally?).
* and finally, even a horribly configured WordPress site would be a step forward.