Below is an overview of last year's conference.
- SparkLabs Global VenturesCo-founder & General Partner, 2013 - presentSparkLabs Global Ventures is a new seed-stage investment fund. We believe business is now truly global, but most investors are not. Exceptional entrepreneurs that are building strong, category defining companies can be found anywhere. SparkLabs Global is a team of highly experienced entrepreneurs and operators based in London, Tel Aviv, Seoul, Singapore and Palo Alto, CA that will focus on helping our entrepreneurs to develop, grow, network, and scale into other markets throughout the world.
- SparkLabsCo-founder & General Partner, 2012 - presentSparkLabs (www.sparklabs.co.kr) is a startup accelerator founded by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs in South Korea. The focus is on startup companies from the Internet, online gaming, mobile, digital media, and healthcare sectors. The mentorship-driven program is three months in length and provides funding, office space, seminars and access to a top-tier network of mentors. Our advisors are Mark Cuban, Vint Cerf, Ray Ozzie, Michael Crow, and Tom Peters.
- VidquikCo-founder & Board Member, 2011 - 2013Former CEO who stepped down in Sept. 2013. Vidquik is a new web communications platform that provides easy-to-use tools with which companies can enhance their sales and customer service interactions. Our core product is an embeddable web conferencing platform with a powerful intelligent routing technology to increase sales and customer service productivity. Also allows clients to tag their seats based on product, geography, and other factors.
- Lunsford GroupManaging Director, 2008 - 2010The Lunsford Group is a private investment firm consisting of entities in technology, media, health care, and real estate. The operation – augmented with consulting – has served such distinguished clients as Apple Computer, Herman Miller, Sears, Roebuck and Co., BuyDirect.com, TRW, Eastern College, Joy Manufacturing, World Vision, Malaysian Industrial Development Agency (MIDA) and the Brunei Investment Agency.
- GoingOn NetworksCo-founder & VP of Business Development, 2004 - 2007GoingOn is an on-demand, social media platform for companies and organization. Provides robust publishing tools, social networking, and various community management features to empower companies to build online communities. Built the company from a concept to execution. Wrote the business plan, created the business model, and led all transaction processes of from company formation to venture capital financing. Managed all human resource, financial and legal operational duties.
- Columbia UniversityTelecom & New Media Policy, 1996 - 1998
- University of Wisconsin - MadisonEnglish & Psychology, 1989 - 1993
Spindle Founder Pat Kinsel Joins Polaris Partners | TechCrunch
The co-founder and former CEO of Spindle, a social discovery app that was acquired by Twitter last year, has joined Polaris Partners as vent
SparkLabs Global Ventures’ Technology and Internet Market Bi-Monthly Rev...
Bi-monthly overview of major technology and Internet markets across the globe.
A SILICON VALLEY DISASTER: A 21-Year-Old Stanford Kid Got $30 Million, T...
The week after Thanksgiving, 40 Clinkle...
Netexplo 2014 - New tech trends and analysis from worldwide panel o...
Netexplo is an independent observatory that studies the impact of digital tech on society and business. It operates with a global network of
Lifesum Health Tracker App Gets $6.7M Series A To Outgrow Its Nordics Ba...
Health and fitness app Lifesum (formerly known as ShapeUp Club) which lets users track the food they eat and count calories, has closed a $6
New tech that's changing the world - A review of the Netexplo 2014 winners
Netexplo is an independent observatory that studies the impact of digital tech on society and business. Netexplo 2014 took place Mar 26-28 a
Wearables, Med-Tech & Devices, and Mobile Gaming at Sparklabs Third ...
SparkLabs, a startup accelerator in Korea, hosted its third Demo Day in Seoul yesterday. Whhile startups in earlier batches were all based i
A Broken Place: The Spectacular Failure Of The Startup That Was Going To...
With almost $1billion in funding and ambitions to replace petroleum-based cars with a network of cheap electrics, Shai Agassis Better Place
Korean Startup Ecosystem and Technology Round-up, April 2014 | beSUCCESS...
This article gives a round-up of recent news from the Korean startup and tech environment. Please feel free to suggest updates and additiona
Vote for progress and try to win one of our 230 high-tech prizes
Vote and get a chance to win one of our high-tech prizes !
SparkLabs Korea Presents Third Demo Day, Launches Hardware Accelerator I...
SparkLabs Korea launched just 18 months ago, but the Seoul-based accelerator already has a strong track record. Its third Demo Day today fea
Inside Sequoia Capital: Silicon Valley's Innovation Factory
Say hello to Silicon Valley's search engine for disruption: Sequoia Capital. With its prescient support of companies such as WhatsApp, Dropb
Xiaomi's Founder Lei Jun Seeks U.S. IPO For Clean Master, Google Play's ...
In the Google Play store, a free junk-file cleaning app called Clean Master is the latest sensation in the Android mobile phone universe. It
Y Combinator’s Top Three Startups From Winter 2014, According To Y Combi...
With each class, the startups within Y Combinator vote to determine which colleagues they thought were most likely to be successful. One sou