POLL: As of right now, what are the pros & cons of Google+, in your opinion? (Warning: I may use your comments in a futurearticle)
45 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 130 previous comments
- Pro: it is competing with facebook
Cons: i am not sure as of yet besides that it isnt open to the public.
I love it overall much better then facebook.twitter and myspace. It is still so new it will grow and I am hoping it takes out facebook. Sorry Mark Z.
If i could get all my facebook and twitter friends on here i would be set.I have resorted to adding random people to my circles just so my stream will stay busy.
I have yet to figure out if i can link up my blog www.lifeofamombie.com to my google +?
Well i look forward to the changes.Jul 3, 2011
- they may quickly need something akin to twitter's verified accounts. i suspect that i added a short, round, hairy man as lady gaga.Jul 3, 2011
- Strength: Segregating audiences, Hanging Out
Weakness: Mind-numbing gamesJul 3, 2011
- I use my gmail account for biz, so I am disappointed that the G+ Team decided to forgo a proper Message Center like Facebook has. It's pretty clunky to PM someone and have it go through gmail. That is not the same thing, and I know lots of people (like me) who love having a non-email based message center that is self-contained like on Facebook. Sending it through email only creates another thread of inbox mail that I have to keep up with. At least on FB I know where all that is and it's much less cluttered than my gmail inbox.
Plus, we definitely need a way to add email addresses to G+ so we can divert G+ notifications noise to other accounts if we want without having to resort to using silly filters in gmail.
These guys are on the right path, but there are some glaring things that need working out. All we can do is use the feedback button at this point. :)Jul 3, 2011
- Pro: there is no Zynga games, also there are no ads or bullshit apps. Con: I need some more people around that I "know", actually.Jul 3, 2011
- as it stands there really isn't anything remarkable about google+. circles is nice, but that level of grouping is absent in other networks and updating across platforms will be tedious, until g+ supports that! which is unlikely when they have not even bothered with in-line commenting - a prevailing google-wave technology. until google+ is robust enough to be used as s SM hub, its seemic for me. googlewave with provision to communicate with non-gmail users would be infinitely better than this load of codswallop!Jul 4, 2011