- Chicago TribuneFinancial services reporter, 2003 - present
- Detroit NewsCasino, sports business reporter, 1998 - 2003
- Plain DealerGeneral business reporter, 1989 - 1998
- Palm Beach PostGeneral business reporter, 1985 - 1989
- Orlando Business JournalGeneral business reporter, 1984 - 1985
Chicago Tribune, 435 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
Becky Yerak is a Chicago Tribune reporter who writes about banking, insurance and private equity, as well as movers and shakers in those industries. She’s also interested in trends related to borrowing, earning and spending.
She also likes to travel, explore Chicago and take Illinois road trips; eat premium ice cream and Italian food; and get eight hours of sleep a night.
She’s still fond of sending snail mail, and her pleasure-reading choices are often dictated by what books and magazines are discarded in the laundry room of her apartment building. She regularly takes classes at the Newberry Library.
Yerak also likes watching TV. Her default stations are Cspan, AMC, Animal Planet, Discovery, History Channel and Fearnet. Her favorite shows are the "Walking Dead" and "Dancing with the Stars."
- Ohio State University, Willoughby South High School, Immaculate Conception School