I just made an executive decision +Valerie Doeringsfeld
. I'm making Taco Pizza tonight for dinner.
I don't think the tomatoes will be as ripe as the last time (pictured here), but I'm sure whatever I find will make due.
For all you foodies, here's the recipe I came up with over the years: Basil’s Tasty Taco Pizza
1 ready made thin pizza crust
1/2lb ground beef
3 ounces tomato paste
3/4c water divided
1 package taco seasoning mix, divided
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 can (4 ounces) refried beans w/ jalapenos (or without, loser)
1 jar of your favorite salsa, divided (Basil's homemade is no doubt the best)
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
½ head lettuce, chopped
1 tomato chopped
¼ cup sliced black olives
1 cup crumbled Doritos
1 container of your favorite sour cream for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, 1/4 cup of water, 1/2 of the package of taco seasoning & chili powder, mix, set aside.
3. In a medium skillet, cook ground beef until evenly brown; drain excess fat. Season with the remaining 1/2 package of taco seasoning and a ½ cup of water. Simmer a few minutes, then remove from heat.
4. In pan, heat refried beans, 1/4 cup salsa, and onion.
5. Spread a layer of the bean mixture onto pizza crust, then a layer of the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with seasoned beef and top with cheese.
6. Bake in oven for 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
7. Remove pizza from oven. Layer Doritos onto melted cheese, then layer lettuce, tomato & olives.
8. Slice & serve with remaining salsa & sour cream. Enjoy your wonderful creation. #Foodie #Tacos #Pizza #PizzaRecipes