- Discovery CommunicationsExecutive Producer, 2013 - present
- Barry Pousman L.L.C.Founder, 2011 - 2013
- RocketboomProducer, 2009 - 2011
- IRTFilm and Video Programing Director, 2009 - 2009
- Peace CorpsAgro-forestry Extension Agent, 2006 - 2008
- Emerson College Media Services CenterAssociate Technician, 2005 - 2006
- 3rd WardEducation Coordinator, 2012 - 2012
Barry Pousman is the Executive Producer at TestTube, a Discovery Digital Network. Since joining Discovery, he has worked closely with Revision3 and now joins their San Francisco office to head up TestTube, Discovery’s non-fiction digital network. Shows include Shots of Awe, Distort, Blow It Up, Sex+, Stuff You Should Know and so many more. He oversees teams of producers, editors and talent to create over 40 episodes per week.
Prior to Discovery Digital, he worked as a freelance consultant and producer for major clients including UNICEF, Tata Communications, and Social Media Week. As a master instructor at General Assembly, he organized workshops and gave lectures on a regular basis. He also has been invited to agencies and institutions across the globe to present on viral mechanics.
Barry was the Executive Producer at Rocketboom, a renowned video blog focused on Internet news and culture. During his time at Rocketboom from 2008 to 2011, Barry directed five digital news channels, including Webby-nominated Humanwire and Streamy-nominated Rocketboom Daily. He also developed two new web series for PBS.org, created original content for Vitamin Water at the Cannes Film Festival and directed sponsored content for Intel.
Barry earned his B.A. in visual media from Emerson College in 2006. He went on to serve with the U.S. Peace Corps in Senegal where he founded an organization devoted to video and development in West Africa and received two Fulbright Hays grants from the U.S. Embassy for his documentary work.
- Emerson CollegeVisual Media, 2003 - 2006