It's called the Blackbox Mansion. What is it? A dozen entrepreneurs come to Silicon Valley from all over the world and they stay in a mansion in Atherton to get their companies to the next levels.
The day I was there Tim Draper, famous VC, dropped by, and here we drop in on an evening party they were holding to raise money for Hacker Dojo.
On this video you'll meet most of the companies, get a sense of what it's like to be in the mansion.
Some of these companies are really stunning. It's a smart concept that's getting lots of attention as a model for helping new entrepreneurs really get their companies ready to take to investors.
If you would like to come you need to RSVP on meetup
If you speak Polish please read it: http://mamstartup.pl/pressroom/917/polski-startup-walczy-o-glosy-internautow-w-konkursie-smarta100
Lets hope there is enough Polish people to get us to the top! :)
I am the Founder of Yoomoot.com and a Freelance User Experience Designer and an Information Architect.
I have led projects from idea to implementation. I participated in different stages of web and mobile projects. I specialise in turning complex requirements into simple, easy to use interfaces.
I have an ability to analyse complex data and come up with simple solutions fast. I worked on corporate and startup projects. I use lean UX methodologies.
• Excellent knowledge of interaction design, website and mobile development (iPhone, Android, Nokia, mobile web)
• Researching, competitor analysis, analysing user behaviour (Google Analytics), interviewing, surveys and focus groups.
• Gathering project requirements: stakeholders interviews, technology, business, brand & marketing restrictions & objectives
• Creating personas & scenarios
• Creating paper prototypes, wireframes and site maps
• Producing high fidelity interactive prototypes
• Facilitating one-to-one usability testing for both websites and mobile applications
• Analysing findings and suggesting solutions to problems
• On page and off page SEO recommendations
• Writing specifications for developers and briefing them
• Road map prioritisation using lean UX methodologies
• Liasing with back-end & front-end developers, stakeholders, editorial, marketing, SEO, design teams as well as press and interns
• Axure, OmniGraffle
• Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
• Flash, Flash Catalyst
• After Effects, QuickTimePro, iMovie, iShowU
- University of the Arts LondonMA Interactive Media, 2007 - 2008
- University of the Arts LondonFdA Design for Graphic Communication, 2005 - 2007
- Politechnika SzczecińskaComputer Science, 2002 - 2004
- Various London AgenciesFreelance User Experience Designer & Information Architect, 2008 - present
- YoomootFounder, 2008 - present
- Dennis PublishingFreelance User Experience Designer, 2010 - 2011
- besignFreelance Web and Brand Designer and Front End Developer, 2005 - 2009