VERY IMPORTANT, if you use : your Bitly account credentials have been compromised; specifically, users’ email addresses, encrypted passwords, API keys and OAuth tokens.
What you need to do immediately:
1) Log in to your account and click on ‘Your Settings,’ then the ‘Advanced’ tab.
2) At the bottom of the ‘Advanced’ tab, select ‘Reset’ next to ‘Legacy API key.’
3) Copy down your new API key and change it in all applications. These can include social publishers, share buttons and mobile apps.
4) Go to the ‘Profile’ tab and reset your password.
5) Disconnect and reconnect any applications that use Bitly. You can check which accounts are connected under the ‘Connected Accounts’ tab in ‘Your Settings.’
- ~carpe diem~
- Slideshare (current)
- Flutterby MediaHead Geek in Charge, 2014 - presentA division of Atlas Branding Agencies focused on Social Media Marketing and Training Community Managers.
- Atlas Branding AgenciesHead Geek in Charge, 2011 - presentHelping Small Business owners organize their online efforts to generate buzz and community around their product/service/brand.
SEO Essentials For The Proactive Small Business Owner
As a small business owner, you can become a proactive SEO practitioner for your own website/blog without a lot of training. Learn how to act
DoubleClick Advertiser Blog: Investing in a cleaner, more accountable we...
An official DoubleClick blog covering products for agencies and marketers, the advertising industry, upcoming events, and what it all means
From across the pond, Marigay McKee takes over Saks Fifth Avenue as its ...
The new president of the retail giant has arrived from London with a single-minded goal: to return America's iconic department store chain t
7 Essential Social Media Tools To Stand Out Online
Amongst the many online conversations I have with people each day, one of the key questions I get asked is: How do you keep up? I'm on Linke
How to Craft the Perfect Offer - and Weed Out the Bad Ones!
Crafting the perfect offer is essential to your direct mail postcard campaign. Learn what offer strategies work and which don't! How to Craf
Microsoft Injects $15M Into Foursquare, Strikes Licensing Deal For Locat...
The big news from Microsoft this week isnt only about its new CEO Satya Nadella.
LinkedIn Prospecting: 6 Steps To Turn Online Contacts Into Clients
Learn the most effective steps to LinkedIn prospecting as this business network has consistently proven to be the most effective for lead ge
Rearranging the marketing pie for content marketing success
Here are some of the steps you can make to rearrange your overall marketing strategy to make better use of content and social media