+Simon Jou Zhang
How an election campaign is won... a primer:
1. Gather as much money as you possibly can. Only with stacks of cash can you possibly hope to plaster your "platform" across every kind of media available... and then some.
2. Make sure to have several think tanks, PACs, and whoever you can, dig up as much dirt, feces, poo-poo, and skeletons (for good measure) about anything at all that makes your opponent(s) look bad, evil, corrupt, cowardly, or just plain stoopid.
3. Miss the point a lot. Raise the same old "issues" such as abortion (10 points), same-sex marriage (12 points), birth control and women's reproductive rights (15 points), and taxes (1000 points)
4. Dismiss any novel campaign issues raised by the other side. Anything they say about you should be turned right around and leveled at them (even if it's nowhere near the truth). Use a lot of wit and puns and clever stuff... just to look cleverer.
5. Utilize some kind of corrupt system (electronic is best) to count up the points (see 3.) and bada bing, bada boom
, you have yourself a winner -- hopefully you
And... if you're a Republican you also have Mr Limbaugh and the whole Fox News comedy team to back you up.Smile, you're on television.