Quoting from this TEDx talk: Forgetting and disregarding is the basis of discerning.
After providing a brief history of bio-inspired computing, the speaker identifies what he thinks are the missing ingredients in state-of-the-art machines that must be supplied to close the gap with human performance.
Mixed feedback processors capable of implementing plastic localization are (at least) what it would take to 'win' the Imitation Game.
Do brains compute? : Rodolphe Sepulchre at TEDx Liege
#Cybernetics #TuringTest #biomimetics
- FNRS (Aspirant)Ph.D. candidate, 2011 - 2014
- IAP DySCOPh.D. candidate, 2010 - 2011
The research deals with the application of manifold optimization techniques to large-scale convex optimization problems whose expected or desired solutions have low rank. We focus specifically on convex relaxations of large-scale rank-constrained problems encountered in machine learning, data reduction and bioinformatics.
- University of LiègeApplied Mathematics, 2010 - present
- Indian Institute of Technology BombayElectrical Engineering, 2005 - 2010
- Google scholar page (current)