more of Ester's work http://www.estercurini.com/
This video of Beyond Social Media Show 98 is time-stamped so you can jump directly to any segment by clicking on the time in brackets. The links in my post lead to our story sources this week.
That's Benny at Audrey's Farmhouse in upstate NY.
In it, he ntoes:
"'Education - the means by which young people learn the skills necessary to succeed in their place and time - is diverging from schooling.
Media-literacy-wise, education is happening now after school and on weekends and when the teacher isn't looking, in the SMS messages, MySpace pages, blog posts, podcasts, videoblogs that technology-equipped digital natives exchange among themselves.
article by Dave Mark at Loop Insight blog
"... take a look at this chunk from the Google Photos license agreement:
Some of our Services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.
When you upload, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing you have added to Google Maps). Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service. Also, in some of our Services, there are terms or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those Services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection. This analysis occurs as the content is sent, received, and when it is stored."
On our award-winning show, we address all aspects of advertising, marketing, public relations and media in an irreverent, fast-paced style.
The Beyond Social Media Show format:
* Worst marketing stories of the week
* Best marketing stories of the week
* Shiny new tools
* The Daily Numbers
SUBSCRIBE to BEYOND SOCIAL MEDIA SHOW'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJoqW331EqXZQzTzc8dH8Q?sub_confirmation=1
GET THE SHOW NOTES & LINKS
Follow us on Twitter:@BSMediaShow
We're on iTunes & Stitcher now! Please Review and Subscribe to Beyond Social Media Show Podcast on iTunes http://beyondsocialmediashow.com/itunes or Stitcher http://beyondsocialmediashow.com/stitcher
BEYOND SOCIAL MEDIA SHOW
Web: http://BeyondSocialMediaShow.com/ YouTube: http://youtube.com/+BeyondSocialMedia Google+: http://plus.google.com/+beyondsocialmediashow Twitter: @BSMediaShow http://twitter.com/bsmediashow iTunes: http://beyondsocialmediashow.com/iTunes Stitcher: http://beyondsocialmediashow.com/Stitcher
BEYOND SOCIAL MEDIA HOSTS
Google+ https://plus.google.com/+BLOchman/ Maximum-Plus.com http://maximum-plus.com - Google+ event production and coaching
What's Next Blog: http://WhatsNextBlog.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/derickson http://twitter.com/thedailynumbers e-Strategy Blog: http://e-StrategyBlog.com/ e-Strategy Trends: http://Trends.e-StrategyBlog.com/ YouTube: http://youtube.com/estrategy
We're on iTunes and Stitcher, Twitter and Google+, and you can sign up for our newsletter at http://BeyondSocialMediaShow.com/newsletter
#marketing #digitalCommunications #BSMediaShow #PR #digitalstrategy
- Maximum-Plus.comCEO, 2013 - presentGooglePlus coaching for agencies and associations. Google+ strategy, content, live, events, YouTube integration, private and public communities.
- whatsnextblog.com, Google+ CoachPublisher, 2002 - presentAward-winning What's Next Blog, whatsnextblog.com, an AdAge Power 150 blog covering digital strategy, technology, Internet business trends and related news.
- Pawfun.comCo-Founder, 2007 - present
- whatsnextonline.com, IncPresident/Founder, 2012 - presentHelping blue chip brands integrate new media into their marketing since 1996. GooglePlus Coach, Google Partner, YouTube Partner, Google-certified YouTube Channel Creator. Clients include: Cendant, Meijer, Ford Motors; IBM, Simon & Schuster, American Greetings, McGraw- Hill, Transitions Lenses, Right Management and Mrs. Fields Cookies
- AFS Intercultural ProgramsSr Creative Technologist/Contractual, 2011 - 2012
- Proof Integrated CommunicationsManaging Director of Emerging Media, 2010 - 2011
- whatsnextonline.comPresident/Founder, 1996 - 2010
With experience in verticals from cars to cookies, I've conducted corporate training and coaching on new media marketing opportunities for brands including including Ford Motors, IBM, Meijer, Transitions Lenses, Cendant and McGraw-Hill. She has created groundbreaking digital marketing programs for Cendant, Transitions Lenses, Simon & Schuster, American Greetings, among others.
Social media campaigns include: a branded Facebook game for Transitions Lenses & Up Your Budget, a ground-breaking online Treasure Hunt for Cendant that achieved one million unique visits and 10 million pageviews in 4 weeks
Accolades and street cred: One of the top 40 digital strategists in the world; One of 25 of The Most Powerful and Influential Women in Social Media; Top 150 Social Media Marketing Influencers 2012; 2014: Top 64 social media experts every enthusiast should follow; AdAge Power 150 blogger. Contributor to AdAge Digital Next, Social Media Today, Mashable, MediaPost and BusinessWeek. Blogger since 2001. Speaker at more than 25 conferences, often as keynote.
- REVENUE PRODUCER
- Coaching agencies and associations on maximizing GooglePlus for business
- Coaching in Helpouts on integrating Google+ into digital strategy
- Google+ optimization
- Certified by Google as a YouTube Channel Creator
- Strategy for re-branding of Mrs. Field's Cookies
- Leader of a team creating a global online and mobile community for non-profit AFS Intercultural Services. the world's largest foreign exchange program for high school students.
- Creator "Sightings, a branded Facebook social game for Transitions Lenses
- Chief architect of a specialized social influence measurement and analysis platform in use by Light Squared, Transitions Lenses, Avon and other major corporations
- Head the creative team of whatsnextonline.com, blog at What's Next Blog (an AdAge Power 150 blog
- Partner in Pawfun.com - where pet lovers can create and send free ecards using their favorite pet photos
- Contributor to AdAge Digital Next http://adage.com/digitalnext/
- Digital marketing strategy, with emphasis on emerging media
- experiential marketing campaigns ranging from Facebook games to online contests to community creation
- digital reputation management
- social media research to determine who is influencing your brand
- C-suite and corporate coaching and social media strategy
- proven record in high-yield blog advertising campaigns
As a leader in social media marketing, I created the renowned, precedent-setting Up Your Budget Treasure Hunt for Cendant.
This 4-week, 16-city search for $160K in cash was the first-ever entirely blog-based viral marketing campaign, promoted exclusively through blogger outreach and blog advertising.
In only four weeks, it generated a million unique visits, over 10 million page views, and more than 300 online and offline stories – for less than the cost of a 30-second national ad on network TV.
I conceived, edited and launched and the 25-author blog-based online community Clutter Control Freak, http://www.cluttercontrolfreak.com for Stacks and Stacks http://www.stacksandstacks.com a California-based top 300 Internet retailer of products for home and office organization. Launched in July 2007, the blog was recently voted one of the Top 10 Business Blogs.
My articles and case studies about Internet marketing trends appear in MarketingProfs, MediaPost, Businessweek Online, and several other publications.
Before turning my talent to the Internet in 1995, I ran an award-winning New York PR firm that I grew to one of the 100 largest independent PR firms in the US, with clients including Stew Leonard’s, Miracle-Gro Plant Food, The American Dairy Association, Kaneka Corporation (Tokyo: JKFC) and many more.
- Google+ Events, CoachingUniversity of Bridgeort
#FeelingNuts on Twitter is raising testicular cancer awareness
Hugh Jackman, Ricky Gervais, and William Shatner are among the celebs breaking the ice about this very serious male health concern.
Tips for Merging Your MedicAlert Medical IDs and Services with NEW Apple...
Instructions for where to best link existing medical ID jewelry and services with Apple's digital medical ID as released with the new iOS 8
The untying of Google+ from Gmail is the final nail in the platform’s co...
Google+’s short history has been marred by instrusive integration and an inability to stay ahead of the competition, writes Jonathan Palmer
How to publish your Google Hangout on Air as an audio podcast - Trafcom ...
How to publish your Google+ Hangout on Air as an audio podcast in a few easy steps.
Sure, You Can Ignore Google Plus! (if you don’t care about search or aut...
If what you are doing is working, and you have no need to grow your business, increase your earning potential, or find new clients, then you
A Must Listen: Google+ Guru B. L. Ochman Hang Out Today 3:00 EST With @D...
B. L. Ochman On GPlus, Life & Internet Marketing If you've never heard B. L. Ochman discuss Internet marketing and GPlus you've missed out.
The Next Web » International technology news, business & culture.
International technology news, business & culture.
Nancy Schwartzman: a force for social change, and, hopefully, an inspira...
Talking to Nancy Schwartzman made me wonder why marketers and brands aren’t using the tools of social media to play out strategies that actu
Playing Catch-up with Pepsi, Coca-Cola Unveils Social Media Strategy Thr...
Coca-Cola’s VP, Global Advertising Strategy and Creative Excellence, Jonathan Mildenhall, explains the company’s content plan until the year
Newt Gingrich is the phoniest presidential candidate ever
It is not so much that Newt Gingrich, one of the great phonies in the history of presidential politics, acts as if he is smarter than everyb
Zappos to hacked customers: we’re here to help! Facebook to hacked custo...
Here's a study in customer service contrasts. Two major sites' accounts have been hacked lately: Zappos and Facebook. Zappos immediately did
No, QR Codes are not dead. But some of the stupid ways they’re used shou...
One of the most tiresome recent “is dead” headlines of late is “QR Codes are dead.” Nope. QR Codes are very much alive as the stats below de
Google+ mania: most pundits are missing the real point | What's Next Blog
Google+ is headed for 20 million members by this weekend, and, depending on who you talk to, it’s either an epic success or an epic failure.
Google’s missing link: customer service. It has none. | What's Next Blog
Google is making a play for enterprise domination, hoping businesses will consolidate their email, transactions, documents, records, videos,