- Earth's Temporary SolutionPresident and Founder, 2002 - presentFormed in his dorm room at Alfred State College in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Earth's Temporary Solution was an entertainment and consulting company that focused on producing products meant to inform, engage, and entertain college students across America. The company produced numerous sold out live events across the East Coast, a public access television show, a syndicated radio program, and a syndicated "college survival" column that was distributed by CBS College Sports. Earth's Temporary Solution also offered services to those looking to similarly inform, engage, and entertain college students. Clients included a syndicated ABC Television show, numerous authors, speakers, and bands, and several not-for-profits including Wounded Warriors Family Support. Earth's Temporary Solution was responsible for the creation and operation of the first High Five Tour, which Wounded Warriors Family Support continues to operate to this day.
- Earth's Temporary SolutionAuthor & Speaker, 2011 - presentB.J. Mendelson is the author of the book, Social Media Is Bullshit, which is now in stores everywhere from St. Martin's Press. Social Media Is Bullshit has also been translated into Russian, Spanish, and Polish. Since 2008, B.J. Mendelson has been working on a humorous fiction novel called Dracula And Kittens that he hopes to self-publish on October 31st, 2014. Since the debut of Social Media Is Bullshit, B.J. Mendelson has also appeared at numerous events, colleges, and conferences including at The United Nations (where he debated the ambassador to Pakistan), the Word of Mouth Marketing Summit, South By Southwest, New York University, Columbia University, and The Do Lectures in Wales.
- State University of New York at PotsdamPolitical Science, 2004 - 2006B.J. Mendelson obtained a Bachelor's degree in Political Science / Pre-Law in December of 2006 at SUNY Potsdam. After that, he took three semester of graduate work in the field of Organizational Leadership before leaving Potsdam for various reasons.
- University at Albany, The State University of New YorkHistory, 2008B.J. Mendelson briefly studied American History at the University at Albany with the goal of obtaining a Ph.D. in the field. He would later take a job with the 1 in 8 Foundation which would lead to the breast cancer tour discussed in the last chapter of Social Media Is Bullshit. B.J. has plans on resuming his degree once things with the book wind down.
- Alfred State CollegeLiberal Arts, 2001 - 2004B.J. Mendelson studied at Alfred State College between 2001 and 2002 and 2003 and 2004. While there he worked on an Associates degree in Liberal Arts / Humanities and finished two credits short of obtaining it before transferring to SUNY Potsdam.
Report: Priceline CEO Says Twitter And Facebook Ads Don't Drive Results
Priceline CEO Darren Huston, who presides over one of the biggest spenders on online advertising, says Twitter and Facebook ads aren’t effec
MEMO TO NANCY GRACE, CRUSADING WRESTLING JOURNALIST | PWInsider.com
Dear Nancy Grace,. Thank you for the insightful piece on your CNN Headline News series yesterday on the Ultimate Warrior. I know with the fi
President Obama on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns': WATCH
Zach Galifianakis landed a sit-down with none other than President Obama for his Funny or Die talkshow "Between to Ferns."
This Is Why WGN Morning News Is Better Than Any Other Morning News Show
News anchors with gravitas. Yup.
Groundbreaking comedian Sid Caesar dies at 91 (Videos)
Groundbreaking and iconic comedian Sid Caesar, who helped launch the careers of Carl Reiner, Woody Allen and Mel Brooks, has died at the age
Congress to Launch Probe Into Escort and Prostitution Services on Twitter
After TheStreet revealed that more than 1,000 escorts, some of them working as prostitutes, that advertise services via Twitter, lawmakers a
4 Leaked Memos That Made Companies Look Like Dicks
The memo is an important tool for any employer -- how else does one tell the interns to clean the wild badgers out of the break room? The pr
Rewinding to Betamax: The path to consumers’ “right to record”
30 years ago today, a landmark ruling set technology free.
Adware vendors buy Chrome Extensions to send ad- and malware-filled updates
Once in control, they can silently push new ad-filled "updates" to those users.
Network Accidentally Airs NSFW Pic Of Cubs' Pantless New Mascot
Though Chicago Cubs' announcement of their first mascot in modern history has been met with plenty of jeers, the team is standing by their b
Kittens break in to prison, overpower staff with cuteness
FORT ANN -- Great Meadow Correctional Facility has become home to four unlikely inmates. Some might call them cute and cuddly.
Yelp Turns Up The Heat: 285 Consumer Alerts Issued Over Fake Reviews
It’s been almost a year and a half since Yelp began issuing Consumer Alerts when a business on its site has been caught trying to get fake r
Could doctors have an ulterior motive in telling people not buy multivit...
Perhaps the conclusion that "supplements are a waste of money" isn't as definitive as it seems.
Reddit comedy community moderator quits and why it’s a big deal for upco...
Over the past year or so, a very popular subreddit has given nearly unknown comedians a venue to showcase their material to countless new pe
Young Senators fan who defied school officials still standing up for her...
Keila Penner's love for her hockey team may have incurred stiff penalties from school officials, but it also helped her score some red carpe
How the Rumors of Facebook's Death Became Greatly Exaggerated
"Sexing up" academic work can distort its real findings. It is true, however, that teens think Facebook is uncool now.
Music publishers claim to own "Silent Night" & ripoff indi...
Adam the Alien has a Youtube channel that earns him some money through Youtube's "monetization" service, which inserts ads and giv...