- Earth's Temporary SolutionPresident and Founder, 2002 - presentFormed in his dorm room at Alfred State College in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Earth's Temporary Solution was an entertainment and consulting company that focused on producing products meant to inform, engage, and entertain college students across America. The company produced numerous sold out live events across the East Coast, a public access television show, a syndicated radio program, and a syndicated "college survival" column that was distributed by CBS College Sports. Earth's Temporary Solution also offered services to those looking to similarly inform, engage, and entertain college students. Clients included a syndicated ABC Television show, numerous authors, speakers, and bands, and several not-for-profits including Wounded Warriors Family Support. Earth's Temporary Solution was responsible for the creation and operation of the first High Five Tour, which Wounded Warriors Family Support continues to operate to this day.
- Earth's Temporary SolutionAuthor & Speaker, 2011 - presentB.J. Mendelson is the author of the book, Social Media Is Bullshit, which is now in stores everywhere from St. Martin's Press. Social Media Is Bullshit has also been translated into Russian, Spanish, and Polish. Since 2008, B.J. Mendelson has been working on a humorous fiction novel called Dracula And Kittens that he hopes to self-publish on October 31st, 2014. Since the debut of Social Media Is Bullshit, B.J. Mendelson has also appeared at numerous events, colleges, and conferences including at The United Nations (where he debated the ambassador to Pakistan), the Word of Mouth Marketing Summit, South By Southwest, New York University, Columbia University, and The Do Lectures in Wales.
- State University of New York at PotsdamPolitical Science, 2004 - 2006B.J. Mendelson obtained a Bachelor's degree in Political Science / Pre-Law in December of 2006 at SUNY Potsdam. After that, he took three semester of graduate work in the field of Organizational Leadership before leaving Potsdam for various reasons.
- University at Albany, The State University of New YorkHistory, 2008B.J. Mendelson briefly studied American History at the University at Albany with the goal of obtaining a Ph.D. in the field. He would later take a job with the 1 in 8 Foundation which would lead to the breast cancer tour discussed in the last chapter of Social Media Is Bullshit. B.J. has plans on resuming his degree once things with the book wind down.
- Alfred State CollegeLiberal Arts, 2001 - 2004B.J. Mendelson studied at Alfred State College between 2001 and 2002 and 2003 and 2004. While there he worked on an Associates degree in Liberal Arts / Humanities and finished two credits short of obtaining it before transferring to SUNY Potsdam.
Social Media Is Bullshit - B.J. Mendelson - Google Books
books.google.com - A provocative look at social media that dispels the hype and tells you all you need to know about using the Web to expand
Watch: ‘Harmontown’ Trailer, Documentary Following ‘Community’ Creator |...
"Community" fans will get a closer look at the creator of the cult favorite comedy with the Dan Harmon documentary "Harmontown," for which T
US defence secretary recommends Medal of Honor for black WWI hero
Sgt Henry Johnson was serving in the all-black 369th Infantry Regiment when he killed or wounded several enemy soldiers
5 Social Networking Promotions That Backfired Spectacularly | Cracked.com
The great thing about social media is that it allows whatever stupid thing you want to say to reach your audience instantly. The terrible th
Red Alert app offers a Yo! update on missile attacks | The Times of Israel
A mobile platform developed by two Israeli volunteers spreads the word on Israeli communities in danger– in real time
Gallup poll concludes: Social media has little influence on most shopper...
After years of chasing Facebook fans and Twitter followers, many companies now stress quality over quantity in their social-media strategies
6'4 and Long Distance Amtrak Travel: The Sleeper Car
What's long distance Amtrak travel really like, you ask? BJ Mendelson talks about being 6'4 and sleeping on Amtrak in our new #AmtrakLIVE vi
John Oliver Rips Into FIFA Over World Cup Corruption, Shows Us His Sausa...
He loves soccer, but not the lawless organization that controls the sport's most prestigious tournament
Parse.ly: Search Overtakes Social (Again) As Referral Source For Major P...
It’s kinda like a heavyweight fight, only without the really expensive pay-per-view and the sweaty athletes filling your big screen TV. Sear
Report: Priceline CEO Says Twitter And Facebook Ads Don't Drive Results
Priceline CEO Darren Huston, who presides over one of the biggest spenders on online advertising, says Twitter and Facebook ads aren’t effec
MEMO TO NANCY GRACE, CRUSADING WRESTLING JOURNALIST | PWInsider.com
Dear Nancy Grace,. Thank you for the insightful piece on your CNN Headline News series yesterday on the Ultimate Warrior. I know with the fi
President Obama on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns': WATCH
Zach Galifianakis landed a sit-down with none other than President Obama for his Funny or Die talkshow "Between to Ferns."