Start a hangout
175 followers|74,501 views
Works at Cybex International, Inc.
Attended San Diego State University
Lives in Foxboro, MA
175 followers|74,501 views
2015's Top 20 Fitness Trends list has been published. While there aren't significant shifts, it continues to reinforce fitness fads vs. trends.
Add a comment...
Sports nut, Poker player, Blogger.
One of the last remaining true NBA fans and a die-hard Boston Celtics fan. After my first sports memory being a loss to the Lakers in 1987 and 20 years of suffering thereafter, the Celtics glory was finally restored in 2008. BJ is a frequent contributor to the Cybex blog and social media as well as a member of the marketing team. His previous writing has focused on helping to enhance the business side of the industry and ways to entertain the fitness community as a whole. He also started the Ball So Hard Sports blog, where the annual "30 Teams in 30 Tweets" post features predictions for each NBA season.
Proud SDSU Alum. Aztec Pride!
- San Diego State UniversitySports Business Management MBA, 2005 - 2006The Sports MBA program at San Diego State University is an intensive, accelerated Master of Business Administration program focused entirely on the international sports business. This degree program is intended for highly motivated students seeking to further their business skills and professional network to secure management positions in all areas of the global sports business industry.
- Bridgewater State CollegeCommunication, 1998 - 2002
Marketing and Brand Activation
Social media, blogging, community outreach, trainer education, events, brand activation
- Cybex International, Inc.Brand Activation, 2014 - presentManaging the day-to-day of Cybex social media on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. Frequent blog contributor. Focused on building the Cybex community, trainer education and brand activation through events and community outreach.
- Corey ConsultingBusiness Development and Marketing Consultant, 2012 - 2014Helping gym owners, trainers, and small business owners develop overall, marketing, and social media strategies. Executing website design, content scheduling and creation, social media, and copywriting.
- IMG (Combine360 now Ignite360)Sr. Marketing Manager/Director of Media & Events, 2010 - 2012Developed and managed online marketing for the brand, effectively driving brand awareness, social media presence, community engagement and traffic to company website and social media channels. Engaged and built relationships with over 600 C360 certified trainers and over 20,000 registered athletes and a strong base of partners, sponsors, and ambassadors including Gatorade, TRX, IDEA Health & Fitness Association, BOSU and Under Armour to co-create and syndicate content for the community.
- Under ArmourMarketing Manager, 2010 - 2012Responsible for the launch of Under Armour Combines and the UA Performance Training initiative. Involved in product marketing launches, athlete activation, event marketing and integrated marketing campaigns with ESPN, NFL, MLB, NBA and the NCAA.
Dighton, MA - San Diego, CA - Baltimore, MD - Sarasota, FL - Franklin, MA