Watch comedian Russell Brand's appearance in front of the Home Affairs Select Committee:
150 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 71 previous comments
- Cuz he's and unwashed reprobate and at least should be of smart appearance if everyone else has made the effortApr 25, 2012
- Listening to Russell Brand is an illness. I thought we'd palmed him off on the colonnials, who left the door open?Apr 25, 2012
- I fully agree that drug addiction should be treated as a health issue -- period. However, let's not bullshit here. This is not an illness, but rather an addiction syndrome that can spawn illnesses. I feel it is important to accurately describe things as they are and not let political terms cloud the issue.
Note that the use of the word "syndrome" denotes the multi-cause nature of addiction and that addiction can be caused by the direct drug, but also the associated behaviours and consequent experiences.
This is a good scientific article on the nature of addiction syndrome: http://www.basisonline.org/2005/01/the-wager-vol-1.htmlApr 26, 2012
- i think sentiment clouds your proposition.let's get illness and hazards to society in the right balanceApr 26, 2012
- Before the Afghan war, opium growth under the Taliban was minimal. Now it is provides 95% of the world's supply. I blame you, Mr Cameron.Apr 26, 2012
- Being an addict is your problem, and the drugs and the dealer is the crime.... - help the Addicts, and stop the dealers!May 10, 2012