I don't fool around with improper licensing which you will get on 99 designs because it's spec work and people don't care there. They have also been known to rip off other designs. There is a quality control factor issue there. When working with a crowd of people, you can't be sure what you're getting and 99designs doesn't police.
Also, you have to properly license the fonts too.
- School of Advertising ArtApplied Business in Advertising Art, 2001 - 2003
- Bellbrook High School1997 - 2001Honors Diploma. Nothing really else matters. I graduated.
I'm a full-time designer and developer and an 10+ year alumnus of The School of Advertising Art. I'm also member of the Xenia Area Chamber of Commerce. I have won six Bronze ADDY Awards through AAF-Dayton for excellence in Web, Logo Design, and Print, plus two of unknown level in 2015. I've won two NETA awards and have been nominated for an Emmy. I do contract work and also sweat it out (not literally...ew) in Miamisburg where I work.
Besides design, I'm also a published writer, professional voice actor, and audio producer in my free time. A few of my written works are Lady From Day (2013 Bronze ADDY winner for book design), Out of Time, and just out on the digital shelves this year: Lunamae. Catch some of my written/mixing work at my site, Nother.us and also Misfits Audio (Snape's Diaries, Tom Riddle's Diary, Sally vs the Alligator, and Nutcracker Mania). My voice acting is extensive with various roles in on-going productions at TWERP,Darker Projects, Imagination Lane, Misfits Audio, Colonial Radio Players, and BrokenSea Audio Productions.
I live in Xenia, Ohio with my husband, daughter, and three cats (who frequent my office often).
- Edge WebwareWeb Developer, 2013 - presentConcept, design, and follow-through of websites. Implementation of sites through HTML/CSS/LESS and on CMS’ like WordPress. Website maintenance. Motion graphics and Flash-based animation.
- Aibrean's StudioPrincipal, 2003 - presentAll designs, from start to finish, including CD’s, collateral, branding, website design, implementing content management systems, flyers, emailers, photo retouching, and posters for clients such as La Corporacion Muzic, Vision Marketing Group, Rex Lumber, Profound Logic Software, and Jim Crotty Photography. This is a freelance-based business which I have developed over the years and I work with the business owners almost always directly.
- U! CreativeContract Developer, 2013 - 2015HTML/CSS implementation and editing. Motion and Flash-based animation. WordPress and other CMS installation, editing, adjustments, etc for clients such as Cassanos, Pies & Pints, WSRI, Presto Foods, Dayton Physicians Network, and Dayton History.
- Public Media Connect (ThinkTV/CET)Art Director, 2007 - 2013Concept, design, and follow-through of all newspaper ads, posters, banners, flyers, collateral, curriculum kits, board presentations, signage, and any other print design needed; web design and maintenance for specific projects; photography at events. Coordinate with vendors.
- Cho CreativeContract Designer, 2006 - 2006Flash animation design, flyers, posters, corporate collateral, direct mailers, brand guidelines, and other informational items for Ferrari, LexisNexis, NCR, Girl Scouts, Reynolds and Reynolds, and Standard Register
- David K. Burnap AdvertisingContract Designer, 2006 - 2006Website design and maintenance, poster and flyer design, copy writing, and other web and interactive materials for AIDA, AAA Ohio, and Trimble Engineering.
- Write on TargetGraphic and Web Designer, 2005 - 2006Responsible for graphic/web design which included layout design and formatting for benefit packages, direct mail, flyers, posters, and logo design. Clients included MeadWestvaco, Circuit City, NewPage, General Cable, and Brunswick.
- American Cutting Edge/Better ToolsCreative Director, 2005 - 2005Managed all advertising/websites for both multi-million dollar companies. Created packaging, direct mail, flyers, brochures, and anything else needed.
- lightmode DESIGN FACTORYDirector of Visual Arts and Graphic Design, 2004 - 2005Assisted with several design projects and have represented the company when meeting with their clients. Responsible for concept work, logo design, and web design for lightmode as well as new hiring. Also maintained project management and coordinated meeting with clients and the company and with vendors.
- Imagine NationContract Designer, 2004 - 2004Packaging for Titleist, newspaper ads for 2nd Swing, and point-of-purchase display rendering
Vulnerabilities in 'All in One SEO Pack' Wordpress Plugin Put Millions o...
Multiple vulnerabilities in 'All in One SEO Pack' Wordpress Plugin put Millions of websites at risk of hacking.
500 Developers Already Signed Up for MaidSafe Project
A host of developers has registered to build applications and services for the company's encrypted and decentralized Internet platform.
Using Font Icons (Dashicons) For Custom Post Types in WordPress 3.8 - WP...
A quick guide showing you how to use the new font icons "Dashicons" in the WordPress 3.8 dashboard for your custom post types.
Effective Steps to Customize & Simplify the Admin Area in WordPress
Installing some important plug-ins helps your client to manage their site easily, although he/she is unfamiliar with WordPress.
12000 mAh High Capacity Dual USB Power Bank Charger
Buy 12000 mAh High Capacity Dual USB Power Bank Charger with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!
Special Request™ Bookography (100 sheets), Circa Letter - Circa Notebook...
Track your book reading list in your letter-size Circa notebook or agenda Our Special Request Bookography Circa Refill lets you track and ma
BadgeZilla: Super Premium Badges Bundle for Just $39
Finding a good set of badges on the web or creating one from scratch can be a real bummer. It’s time-consuming and the ones available on the
Cufon and IE9: How to get IE9 to render Cufon properly
Cufon and IE9: How to get IE9 to render Cufon properly | If you are using Cufón font replacement in your web project, Microsoft has another