I'm running a Half Marathon in March (the first of my life) and I've pledged to raise $1310 for Team for Kids by February 26. Help me reach my goal.2/10/2015 Update
- Here is the deal NYC: I live here and I run here, and I'm supporting a local charity. Yet, here is where my support is coming from:
• West Coast: $400 (CA and WA)
• Oversea: $150 (I didn't even know it was possible! IT, UK, and Malta)
• NYC $315 (if I include upstate NY)
Show your ❤️ NYC! 2 weeks left, and I need less than $300 to reach my goal. http://runwithtfk.org/Profile/PublicPage/20566
You know how much I love running... I believe that training kids to run is one of the best things you can do for their health and happiness.
Team for Kids is an organization that offer running programs for more than 200,000 kids in NYC. The money I collect will fund the Mighty Milers (http://www.nyrr.org/youth-and-schools/mighty-milers
) and Young Runners (http://www.nyrr.org/youth-and-schools/young-runners
Would you help me reach my fundraising goal?http://runwithtfk.org/Profile/PublicPage/20566
• Sunday, 2/8/2015
- Finished week 5
. Today I did my 10-mile long run in Central Park without stopping even once, and this week I ran 21.6 miles overall, including a 5-mile interval run on Thursday (I had to take it a bit easier because I did more than the recommended number of miles last week). It was very cold at the beginning of the week and I took some dramatic pictures of Manhattan over ice: https://plus.google.com/+AntonellaPavese/posts/9Jp5pL1aBvw
• Sunday, 2/1/2015
- And week 4 is finished. 9-miles long run today in Central Park (with hills! hard!) and 24.7 miles this week, which was a bit more than I should have.
• Tuesday , 1/27/2015
- Starting week 4
of my training. I'm traveling for work, so I did my first run of the week in Chicago (easy run, 3.5 miles), and the rest of the week I will be in Los Angeles and back to NYC for the weekend (if the storm allows)
• Sunday, 1/25/2015
- Just finished week 3
of my training. I ran 18.5 miles, and my long run this week was 8 miles, the longest I've ever run. This week I was in Seattle, Mountain View, CA, and New York.
• Thursday, 1/22/2015
- Do you want to learn more about my runs? Team for Kids published a spotlight post on me: http://teamforkidsblog.com/2015/01/22/member-spotlight-antonella-pavese/