Lightning Browser v4.2.3
- rolling out to all users over the next few hours ⚡The story of this update:
This update has been a long time coming. The last big update to the free version was in April, so this is a culmination of all the changes since then. Paid version was updated later than that but still it hasn't seen these changes yet.
Summer went by fast... basically, as you might know, I got a job as a software engineer working on Android apps at Ask Partner Network in New York City a couple blocks from the Google building. It's been a big adjustment as I moved out of my parents' house in upstate NY where I lived most of my life (and throughout college) down to NYC. It's been challenging juggling work and personal life and trying keep going on Lightning and trying to survive in a big city by myself. It took a long time to get this update ready.
I should have released versions sooner, but my project management skills are nowhere what they need to be as I don't have a roadmap for features, don't really make any plans on what I'm adding, and so I don't ever feel that the browser is ready for a release. It all compounds, and eventually a lot of time has elapsed since I last published an update. There's lots of activity in the code, I'm just bad at releasing.
Hopefully the project management skills I'm learning on the job will help me in the future to be more prepared about what I'm releasing instead of just working on the code for a couple months and then tagging and throwing it up on the store.
Anyway, hope you guys enjoy 😎
Mostly Complete Changelog:
* Tablet UI (can turn on for phones as well)
* Support for Marshmallow
* Improved Reading Mode
* Added bookmark folder support!
* Settings revamp (community effort!)
* Updated icons + UI cleanup
* Improved full-screen mode
* Fixed some memory leaks
* Added animations between screens
* Added actions to the bookmarks drawer
* More translations
* Performance and stability fixeshttps://github.com/anthonycr/Lightning-Browser/releases/tag/v4.2.3