Written byvia .
17 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- British computer scientists and engineers of this era are great.Jun 7, 2012
- He gave so much to the world.Jun 7, 2012
- Check your phone.Jun 7, 2012
- It's ironic the people who wouldn't have figured in Hitler's nation were instrumental in it's downfall. Quite a few of the boffins at Bletchley would have been "on the spectrum" with their unusual social characteristics. Today such people get sidelined with dreadful phrases like "corporate fit" (such as one of the guys who worked on some of the original Visicalc code in a recent job interview here in the UK).
Turing was tried and convicted in court, bigotry yes, institutional, at the time, certainly. If we can get rid of ageism, sexism, racism, judging people by size, comments they make about people on the X-Factor resulting in torrents of hate...Jun 7, 2012
- And, of course, he was just one of many, many, some famous or brilliant or important, some ordinary, who suffered because of who they were or who they were perceived to be.Jun 8, 2012