This holiday, let's tell the truth: We remember our fallen veterans by not making new ones
- FLORIDA NATURE PHOTOS (current)
- FLORIDA NATURE PHOTOS on FACEBOOK (current)
- FLORIDA NATURE PHOTOS on ETSY (current)
- Buzz (current)
- WISE WOMEN MEDIA (current)
- Move to Amend Tampa Bay (current)
- Occupy Tampa (current)
- Green Spiral Catering (current)
- Occupy Nature Coast (current)
- Anita's Knots (current)
- Wise Women Media (current)
- Tie Dye Incense and Gifts (current)
From 2006 until 2012 Anita was on staff for three presidential campaigns, Kucinich (D), McKinney (G) and Barr (G). She supports political candidates that are not “corporate owned” and believes Citizen’s United must be abolished and that corporations are not people and money is not free speech. From 2010 to 2014, Anita was elected and served on the Hillsborough County (Tampa Metro) Soil and Water Conservation Board. She won the seat with over 82,000 votes and spent less than $300 for her campaign. In the past, she had co-founded and organized Veterans for Peace Chapter 119, Code Pink Tampa Bay and the Tampa Bay Indymedia Collective.
Anita is a long time grassroots organizer for the GREEN PARTY and believes in the 10 Key Values and Green Party platform. She is the Interim President of VETERANS FOR PEACE TAMPA. She broadcasts and produces the WISE WOMEN MEDIA RADIO SHOW on the Here Be Monsters Network and has recently created a new network called CHALLENGING THE RHETORIC. Anita works with multiple organizations to ensure human rights and social justice for all, a green environment, clean water and safe non-GMO food. She has worked locally and statewide on campaigns to halt oil drilling, fracking and mining. She supports the end of the prohibition of Marijuana and the end of the “Drug War” so true healing can begin in the US.
Currently, Anita is doing Public Relations and Promotions for local entertainers and artists through her company POWER NEW MEDIA & PR. She is also a contributor to the online magazine, ROCK AT NIGHT. During the week, she works directly with dementia and hospice patients. When she has any spare time, she knits, bakes bread, cooks, gardens, paints, crafts, does yoga, swims, sings, drums and explores in nature with her camera!
***The comments, links and posts on this Google+ Profile Page are in no way associated with the public office that I hold and are posted here for public information and educational purposes only. I may or may not agree personally with entries and comments here and this site belongs to me as a private citizen and political activist.
Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law.
- Anita's GalleryArtist, 2014 - present
- Challenging the RhetoricCreatrix, 2014 - presentNews Network
- Green Party of FloridaCo-chair, 2013 - presentSee more at http://www.gpfl.org
- Caring Hearts Respite ServicesOwner, 2011 - presentWork with Hospice Patients
- Florida Nature PhotosOwner, 2011 - presentNature Photographer
- Wise Women MediaRadio Talk Show Host, 2011 - presentProducer and Radio Talk Show Host
- Anita's KnotsCrafter/Owner, 2012 - presentCrafter, Knitter, Painter, Artist
- Hillsborough County Soil and Water Conservation Board, Seat 5Elected to the Soil and Water Board, 2011 - 2015Elected Board Member
- Tie Dye Incense and GiftsOwner/Resale Shop, 2012 - 2013Learning the Art of Re-selling
- Green Spiral CateringOwner/Catering, 2009 - 2013Creatrix in the Kitchen, specializing in Vegan and Vegetarian
- Veterans for Peace TampaInterim President, 2 - 2015Interim President of VFP Tampa, a new chapter.
- Power New Media and PRCreatrix, 2012 - 2015Owner, do Promotions and PR for local entertainers and artists. http://www.powernewmediaandpr.com
- Transition TampaSteering Group, 10 - 2013Steering Group Member for Transition Tampa
No charges against St. Louis officer who killed VonDerrit Myers : News
Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce's report endorses finding of earlier police investigation that Officer Jason Flanery fired in self-defense.
Resistance Radio - Vince Emanuele - 05.17.15 - Progressive Radio Network
Vince Emanuele is a writer, activist and radio journalist who lives and works in the Rust Belt. Currently he writes a weekly article for Tel
Critics Worry Obama’s Arctic Drilling Plan Could Spell Disaster - ABC News
Salvage teams conduct an assessment of Shell's Kulluk drill barge, which ran aground in 2012. Tim Aubry/AFP/Getty Images
Day-tripping at the Purple Hatter’s Ball | RockAtNight.com
By Anita Stewart, Tampa Correspondent and Elizabeth Lauro, Photographer DAY-TRIPPING AT THE PURPLE HATTER’S BALL AT THE SPIRIT OF THE SUWANN
How America’s biggest swamp could become fracking wasteland
Environmental groups, locals worry Louisiana’s Atchafalaya Basin might be destroyed by a proposed industrial facility May 7, 2015 5:00AM ET
ELMWOOD, LOUISIANA DERAILMENT STOKES FEARS ABOUT OIL TRAIN BLAST ZONE (V...
By Julie Dermansky • Monday, April 27, 2015 - 17:01 Nearly a dozen Union Pacific railway cars were blown off an elevated trestle in Elmwood,
Massive Oil Spills, Exploding Bomb Trains, Hazardous Chemicals, Poisoned...
Now is our opportunity to create meaningful change.
Ricky Rebel: an S-T-A-R doing it his way | RockAtNight.com
By Chyrisse Tabone, Tampa Ricky Rebel is the consummate entertainer—a trained gymnast and ballet dancer who has appeared in films and theate
Gulf Victims Suing BP Disaster's Compensation Czar
Kenneth Feinberg is being sued for allegedly misleading claimants in order to limit BP's financial liability.
Feet to the Fire Radio: The Phelan Report for April 19th 2015 (VIDEO)
http://JanetPelan.com http://journal-neo.org http://FeetToTheFireRadio.com
Five Years After the BP Oil Disaster: A Barrier Island for Nesting Birds...
by Julie Dermansky on April 19, 2015 Cat Island, off the Gulf Coast in Louisiana’s Plaquemines Parish, was home to a vibrant bird rookery in
Vicious attack on Dr. Oz actually waged by biotech mafia; plot to destro...
Vicious attack on Dr. Oz actually waged by biotech mafia; plot to destroy Oz launched after episode on glyphosate toxicity went viral
An interview with One-Eyed Doll: Witches, Strawberry Shortcake, and pedi...
By Chyrisse Tabone, Tampa Correspondent Interviews: Chyrisse Tabone and Anita Stewart While fresh on their cross-country tour in connection