- Anita Stewart PromotionsOwner, 2015 - presentPromotions for Musicians and Bands http://www.anitastewartpromotions.com
- Deep Green Resistance FloridaActivist/Organizer, 2014 - presentActivist/Organizer http://www.deepgreenresistanceflorida.org
- Tarot and StarsOwner, 2009 - presentTarot and Astrology Consultations http://www.tarotandstars.com
- Anita's GalleryArtist, 2014 - presenthttp://www.anitas-gallery.com
- Challenging the RhetoricCreatrix, 2014 - presentNews Network
- Green Party of FloridaCo-chair, 2013 - presentSee more at http://www.gpfl.org
- Caring Hearts Respite ServicesOwner, 2011 - presentWork with Hospice Patients
- Florida Nature PhotosOwner, 2011 - presentNature Photographer
- Wise Women MediaRadio Talk Show Host, 2011 - presentProducer and Radio Talk Show Host
- Anita's KnotsCrafter/Owner, 2012 - presentCrafter, Knitter, Painter, Artist
- Hillsborough County Soil and Water Conservation Board, Seat 5Elected to the Soil and Water Board, 2011 - 2015Elected Board Member
- Tie Dye Incense and GiftsOwner/Resale Shop, 2012 - 2013Learning the Art of Re-selling
- Green Spiral CateringOwner/Catering, 2009 - 2013Creatrix in the Kitchen, specializing in Vegan and Vegetarian
- Veterans for Peace TampaInterim President, 2 - 2015Interim President of VFP Tampa, a new chapter.
- Power New Media and PRCreatrix, 2012 - 2015Owner, do Promotions and PR for local entertainers and artists. http://www.powernewmediaandpr.com
- Transition TampaSteering Group, 10 - 2013Steering Group Member for Transition Tampa
From 2006 until 2012 Anita was on staff for three presidential campaigns, Kucinich (D), McKinney (G) and Barr (G). She supports political candidates that are not “corporate owned” and believes Citizen’s United must be abolished and that corporations are not people and money is not free speech. From 2010 to 2014, Anita was elected and served on the Hillsborough County (Tampa Metro) Soil and Water Conservation Board. She won the seat with over 82,000 votes and spent less than $300 for her campaign. In the past, she had co-founded and organized Veterans for Peace Chapter 119, Code Pink Tampa Bay and the Tampa Bay Indymedia Collective.
Anita is a long time grassroots organizer for the GREEN PARTY and believes in the 10 Key Values and Green Party platform. She is the Interim President of VETERANS FOR PEACE TAMPA. She broadcasts and produces the WISE WOMEN MEDIA RADIO SHOW on the Here Be Monsters Network and has recently created a new network called CHALLENGING THE RHETORIC. Anita works with multiple organizations to ensure human rights and social justice for all, a green environment, clean water and safe non-GMO food. She has worked locally and statewide on campaigns to halt oil drilling, fracking and mining. She supports the end of the prohibition of Marijuana and the end of the “Drug War” so true healing can begin in the US.
Currently, Anita is doing Public Relations and Promotions for local entertainers and artists through her company POWER NEW MEDIA & PR. She is also a contributor to the online magazine, ROCK AT NIGHT. During the week, she works directly with dementia and hospice patients. When she has any spare time, she knits, bakes bread, cooks, gardens, paints, crafts, does yoga, swims, sings, drums and explores in nature with her camera!
Making History with Rasputina at Johnny Brenda’s in Philadelphia | RockA...
By Andrea Ramirez-Maciolek, Philadelphia Correspondent Venue: Johnny Brenda’s, Philadelphia-October 4, 2015 It was 1996 I first heard Rasput
One-Eyed Doll’s Halloween Tour is freaking-ly good! | RockAtNight.com
By James Ferency, Detroit Correspondent Venue: The Token Lounge, Westland, Michigan–September 29, 2015 One-Eyed Doll: Kimberly Freeman and J
Environmental Activists Continue to Face Interrogations at US-Canada Border
Members of Deep Green Resistance denied entry to Canada on the way to a Chris Hedges’ lecture
Chatting with UK grrl power group Hands Off Gretel | RockAtNight.com
By Chyrisse Tabone, Tampa Correspondent An Interview with Hands Off Gretel in London at the Camden Unicorn--July 2015 Hands Off Gretel: Laur
“We’re not living in a golden age of music”: Joe Jackson on why the ’90s...
Salon talks to the new wave pop legend about his long career and his new album "Fast Forward," out Friday VIDEO
Spring Hill Plane Crash Kills Pilot - Florida News Flash
This morning shortly before 9 am a Cessna 206 amphibian, with pontoon, crashed in the backyard of a residence located at 13088 Little Farms
Chatting with Americana duo The Hummingbirds | RockAtNight.com
Americana duo The Hummingbirds speak about their music, country roots, and their surprising "day jobs."
Chatting with Noel Rochford of ska band UNRB | RockAtNight.com
Noel Rochford of UNRB discusses tales of band nerds, the "House on Lime Street" and the sojourning pineapple
One-Eyed Doll announce Halloween Tour and premiere new video | RockAtNig...
By Chyrisse Tabone, Tampa Correspondent If anybody has been reading Rock At Night for awhile, he/she knows we are huge fans of Austin metal
Challenging the Rhetoric Welcomes Activist and Author Dady Chery on Hait...
Challenging the Rhetoric welcomes Ms. Chery who is with News Junkie Post. This is PART 1 of the interview. This interview was conducted by A
The Woodstock generation’s fabulous tribute band, Peace of Woodstock! | ...
By Anita Stewart, Tampa Correspondent This weekend 46 years ago, a temporary city was created in the Catskills by what records estimate was
Woodstock 40 years later: seeds for a new consciousness | RockAtNight.com
By Flash Silvermoon, Guest Columnist It's really hard to wrap my head around the fact that Woodstock happened 40 years ago on Aug 15 1969! T
Punk rock, quantum physics, and the Universe: chatting with John Robb | ...
By Chyrisse Tabone, Journalist/Photographer and Amanda Cunningham, Photographer--London A couple of months ago while checking out videos on