I taught the son of the family that spearheaded Compassionate Care in Arkansas. He was in corporate America, depressed, overweight, and on a lot of pills.
Sick, unhealthy, and nauseated more often than not, a doctor finally recommended marijuana for him. In time, he lost all of the weight, is now mentally and physically healthy (he sports wife beaters as soon as it gets hot). But most of all, he's a help, not a hindrance to his family.
Signatures needed Arkansas
Find a signing location near your home, workplace and sign today
Registered Voters, please
120k signatures needed to petition
Medical Marijuaha/Compassionate Care
Patrick M. Oliver, founder and program manager, Say It Loud! Readers and Writers has been invited to the 5th Annual Anguilla Literary Festival as special writer and presenter.
The Anguilla Litfest will be held on Thursday, May 19th through Saturday, May 22, 2016 at Paradise Cove Resorts, Anguilla.
Oliver will participate on a panel discussion titled Inspiring Young Readers and Writers on Saturday, May 22nd.
Patrick will also sign copies of his latest book, "On My Own: Vision Board Guidebook for Young People" and the 10th anniversary issue of "Turn the Page and You Don't Stop: Sharing Successful Chapters in Our Lives with Youth. "
- University of Maryland, College ParkEnglish, BA
- Henderson State UniversityEnglish/Mass Media, MLA
- U.S. National Park ServiceCivil Rights Educator Institute (CREI), 2015 - 2015
Began writing at the University of Maryland using a video display terminal; interviewed people and praised them highly. Did the same as a freelance writer in Arkansas for an advertising section of the state paper (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette).
Today, I call it like I see it.
- Education, WritingProfessor, Instructor, Artist, Friend, Mom, 2007 - present
- Henderson State UniversityAdjunct English Instructor, 2015
- Dish NetworkAdmin
- Ouachita Technical CollegeAdjunct English Professor, 2007 - 2008
- Henderson State UniversityStudent Clerk, 2006 - 2007
- Arkansas Democrat-GazetteContributing Writer Photographer, 1999 - 2005