Best of all when I'm finished reading, I'm gonna give it to my 13 yo so she can experience and hear this too
Trainwreck 'Goodfellas' except it's a real life documentary/saga--and these Scarface/hip hop/rap era cops were far worse than the cops in "Brooklyn's Finest" .
They robbed drug dealers and had so much pull they never faced retaliation for it in the streets.
If you think 8th graders don’t need to be talking about sex and the societal ramifications of sexual relationships, think again. How do you stop eighth graders from being sexually active?
For the most part, you don’t. It’s like trying to stop a running train or sending gay children to therapy in order to make them straight.
Originally, I planned to interview students about school safety at Hot Springs Middle School where just five out of eighty students reported feeling that they could get through their two years without a hostile or aggressive situation that may escalate into a physical violence.
But over and over the school fight conversations returned to sexual activity between classmates and pejorative conversations between classmates that lead to violence.
North Korea’s imprisonment of University of Virginia college student Otto Frederick Warmbier, an Ohio native, raises questions about the duty of the state to protect its citizens from offenses that are protected by the First Amendment. Freedom of speech issues are big arguments in the United States right now, primarily because empathy, the nation is now learning, must be taught.
Ohio Governor John Kasich said Warmbier's arrest is "inexcusable". When a grand jury refused to indict police officer the shooter of 12-year-old Cleveland native Tamir Rice, Kasich initially said nothing, except the decision is "controversial."
When Tamir Rice was killed, Kasich said his murder was "heartbreaking tragedy".
- University of Maryland, College ParkEnglish, BA, present
- Henderson State UniversityEnglish/Mass Media, MLA, present
- U.S. National Park ServiceCivil Rights Educator Institute (CREI), 2015 - 2015Paulo Freire, Theater of the Oppressed
Began writing at the University of Maryland using a video display terminal; interviewed people and praised them highly. Did the same as a freelance writer in Arkansas for an advertising section of the state paper (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette).
Today, I call it like I see it.
- Henderson State UniversityAdjunct English Instructor, present
- Education, WritingProfessor, Instructor, Artist, Friend, Mom, 1997 - present
- Dish NetworkAdmin, present
- Ouachita Technical CollegeAdjunct English Professor, present
- Henderson State UniversityStudent Clerk, present
- Arkansas Democrat-GazetteContributing Writer Photographer, present