If you care about technology / the Internet, freedom, democracy, information and learning then this film deserves your urgent attention. Do not miss it.
The director Brian Knappenberger Skyped in for a Q&A after the screening and was generous enough to answer one of my questions. A very thoughtful and impressive guy. I'm keen to see his previous work, We Are Legion, now.
Incidentally, if you are into similar things then I also recommend Terms & Conditions May Apply; and Downloaded, the story of Napster.
FWIW, the Aaron Swartz film is available under CC license for download, but it is also coming to (no doubt a limited number of) cinemas in the UK this weekend, so try to get to see it.
- IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3268458/
- BoingBoing: http://boingboing.net/2014/06/29/internets-own-boy-free-cc-l.html
We will go over the following topics:
Getting started with monetizing your mobile apps
What MoPub does
How real-time bidding works on MoPub to drive you more revenue
Q&A on the MoPub platform
- Twitter Inc.Staff Developer Advocate, 2014 - present
- Ministry of StoriesChief Technical Adviser, 2013 - present
- PivotalDeveloper Advocate, Cloud Foundry, 2013 - 2014
- VMwareDeveloper Advocate, Cloud Foundry, 2012 - 2013
- IBMWebSphere Messaging Community Lead and Social Bridgebuilder, 2011 - 2012
- IBMSoftware Group Development Hursley Lab, Connectivity & Integration portfolio, Consulting IT Specialist, 2008 - 2011
- IBMIBM Software Services for WebSphere, Senior IT Specialist, Consultant, 2001 - 2008
- UK Post Office IT ServicesMiddleware Consultant and Developer, 1997 - 2001
- PTW SoftwareMarketing Director, 1992 - 1995
- Brasenose College, OxfordModern History, 1994 - 1997
- The Portsmouth Grammar SchoolModern History, Classics and English Literature, 1987 - 1994
Twitter Expands Certified Program With 5 Internationally Focused Partners
Pushing forward with its global efforts, Twitter announced today that is has added five internationally focused companies to its Twitter Cer
MQTT – a discussion on Clemens Vasters’ post (IBM messaging)
I am delighted to read that Microsoft is working on an MQTT implementation in its Azure Service Bus, as shown in Clemens Vasters’ blog post
Three Words You Shouldn't Say About Yourself | LinkedIn
When we interact with other people, what do we want? As I started to study that question, I came across a wonderful quote. “There are two ki
Implementação rápida de login social com Twitter -
Uma característica importante ao implementar o login social com o Twitter é o uso de OAuth, um padrão que permite o acesso à recursos do usu
Our Smartphones Are Making Live TV Better Than Ever | Gadget Lab | WIRED
As the smartphone becomes the first screen, it's bringing us closer together.