If you care about technology / the Internet, freedom, democracy, information and learning then this film deserves your urgent attention. Do not miss it.
The director Brian Knappenberger Skyped in for a Q&A after the screening and was generous enough to answer one of my questions. A very thoughtful and impressive guy. I'm keen to see his previous work, We Are Legion, now.
Incidentally, if you are into similar things then I also recommend Terms & Conditions May Apply; and Downloaded, the story of Napster.
FWIW, the Aaron Swartz film is available under CC license for download, but it is also coming to (no doubt a limited number of) cinemas in the UK this weekend, so try to get to see it.
- IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3268458/
- BoingBoing: http://boingboing.net/2014/06/29/internets-own-boy-free-cc-l.html
Feel free ask questions before the event by Tweeting to @TwitterDev with the hashtag #twitterdevlive . And if this time isn’t ideal, don’t worry — all out Google Hangouts are available on the Twitter Dev YouTube Channel.
See an example of a Card that YouTube made right here: https://twitter.com/TwitterDev/status/489821439919263745
We will go over the following topics:
Getting started with monetizing your mobile apps
What MoPub does
How real-time bidding works on MoPub to drive you more revenue
Q&A on the MoPub platform
Today's pretty darn exciting for a Monday as Twitter UK moved into it's new nest in London! (when we say nest, we mean office obviously:)
The place is absolutely amazing, and would give SOHO house a run for it's design, and, well, take a look at the photos and I'm sure you'll agree this is one stunning office indeed.
We're all super thrilled to be here, the design and infrastructure team did an amazing job, especially considering they did a year's worth of work in 6 months. Oh and yes we do have a Dalek guarding the office.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to the party
- Brasenose College, OxfordModern History, 1994 - 1997
- The Portsmouth Grammar SchoolModern History, Classics and English Literature, 1987 - 1994
- Twitter Inc.Developer Advocate, 2014 - present
- Ministry of StoriesChief Technical Adviser, 2013 - present
- PivotalDeveloper Advocate, Cloud Foundry, 2013 - 2014
- VMwareDeveloper Advocate, Cloud Foundry, 2012 - 2013
- IBMWebSphere Messaging Community Lead and Social Bridgebuilder, 2011 - 2012
- IBMSoftware Group Development Hursley Lab, Connectivity & Integration portfolio, Consulting IT Specialist, 2008 - 2011
- IBMIBM Software Services for WebSphere, Senior IT Specialist, Consultant, 2001 - 2008
- UK Post Office IT ServicesMiddleware Consultant and Developer, 1997 - 2001
- PTW SoftwareMarketing Director, 1992 - 1995
Twitter Expands Certified Program With 5 Internationally Focused Partners
Pushing forward with its global efforts, Twitter announced today that is has added five internationally focused companies to its Twitter Cer
MQTT – a discussion on Clemens Vasters’ post (IBM messaging)
I am delighted to read that Microsoft is working on an MQTT implementation in its Azure Service Bus, as shown in Clemens Vasters’ blog post
Three Words You Shouldn't Say About Yourself | LinkedIn
When we interact with other people, what do we want? As I started to study that question, I came across a wonderful quote. “There are two ki
Implementação rápida de login social com Twitter -
Uma característica importante ao implementar o login social com o Twitter é o uso de OAuth, um padrão que permite o acesso à recursos do usu
Our Smartphones Are Making Live TV Better Than Ever | Gadget Lab | WIRED
As the smartphone becomes the first screen, it's bringing us closer together.