- Bowdoin CollegeEnglish, History & Computer Science, 1984 - 1988
- Tuck School at DartmouthEntrepreneurship, 1992 - 1994
- Barrington High School1980 - 1984
- Clash of Clans
- Data-TamerCo-Founder, 2013 - present
- Maxwell HealthSeed Investor, 2013 - presentProvide seed capital and advice to founding team.
- Clutch RetailSeed Investor, 2012 - present
- ApptegicSeed Investor, 2011 - present
- Transform HealthSeed Investor, 2012 - present
- DocphinSeed Investor, 2012 - present
- Novartis Institute for Biomedical ResearchGlobal Head of Software and Data Engineering, 2010 - present
- UpstartFounding BOD Member, 2012 - present
- CloudantBOD Member, 2011 - present
- Recorded FutureFounding BOD Member, 2009 - present
- FirecrackerFounding BOD Member, 2011 - 2012
- CloudSwitchFounding BOD Member, 2008 - 2011
- GobyFounding BOD Member, 2008 - 2011
- Vertica Systems, Inc.Co-Founder & Founding CEO, 2005 - 2010
- Infinity PharmaceuticalsSVP Operations and CIO, 2001 - 2006
- BowstreetVP Sales and Marketing, 1998 - 2001
- pcOrder.comVP Marketing, 1995 - 1998
- TrilogyDirector of Marketing, 1994 - 1996
- BlueFin LabsFounding BOD Member, 2008 - 2010
- VoltDBFounding BOD Member, 2008 - 2010
- SciDBFounding BOD Member, 2007 - 2009
Tamr wants to disrupt the data lake with its upgraded information unific...
Is a wave of consolidation about to begin in the Big Data market? Take a sneak peak of #BigDataSV 2015, where Wikibon analysts, SiliconANGLE
The Creepy Collective Behavior of Boston Dynamics' New Robot Dog | WIRED
Robotics company Boston Dynamics has a new four-legged addition to its family: a 160-lb quadruped named Spot—and dude is impressive. In a sh
Unlocking Big Data: Lessons Learned From The God Particle
It’s a puzzle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a symphony. It’s the Higgs boson, the so-called God particle, the greatest physics find of the
Startup Risk: Bill Gurley's Warning Triggers Debate in Silicon Valley
Venture capitalist Bill Gurley sounded the alarm in Silicon Valley. And now some of his peers are ringing it with him.
A Giant Tablet Gives Kids More Screen Time Together
Fuhu's Nabi Big Tab is the size of a small TV, giving kids—and parents—a stage to play well together
You Only Live Once, Do It Warren Buffett’s Way | John Taft | LinkedIn
"You’d get very rich if you thought of yourself as having a card with only twenty punches in a lifetime, and every financial decision used u
The LinkedIn Report on Tech Entrepreneurship | Michael Conover | LinkedIn
LinkedIn’s vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce, and a key part of achieving this vision is lev
The Counterintuitive Trait That Will Make You Significantly More Success...
One of my biggest pet peeves is when a pessimist says, "I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist."Truthfully, most of us think we're "realists." W
Nice Try Wall Street. Try Again. | Karim Abouelnaga | LinkedIn
There has been a lot of recent hype in the media about how junior bankers will be receiving a 20% increase in their base salaries from the a
The Dullest, Most Vital Skill You Need to Become a Successful Manager
The exemplary manager is often shown delivering a rousing speech that inspires her troops to achieve ever greater heights. But the truth is
Why Today is the Most Important Day in Entrepreneurship in 68 Years | Ad...
Modern venture capital was invented 68 years ago when American Research and Development Corporation (ARD) started funding promising startups
Five Things Your IT Guy Isn’t Saying – And How They’re Hurting You! | Ch...
“We need to talk” might be the best thing someone can say to me if they want to get my attention and let me know that this would be a good t
Why Asking for Help Makes You a Stronger Leader | LinkedIn
"We’re all imperfect and we all have needs. The weak usually do not ask for help, so they stay weak. If we recognize that we are imperfect,
5 Pieces of Advice I Wish Someone Had Given Me When I Started My First J...
I didn't start working too late, or too early in life. The two internships while in college, pointed me in the direction of an office instea
Scientists who corral big data projects become high-tech stars
New career track pays up to $300,000 for those able to analyze mounds and write algorithms that can put the insights to work in industries a