In memoriam for Steve Jobs as 2011 draws to a close, here's one more rare photo that illustrates his rebellious spirit. In December 1983, a few weeks before the Mac launch, we made a quick trip to New York City to meet with Newsweek, who was considering doing a cover story on the Mac. The photo was taken spontaneously as we walked around Manhattan by Jean Pigozzi, a wild French jet setter who was hanging out with us at the time. Somehow I ended up with a copy of it. My editor begged me to include it in my book, but I was too timid to ask for permission, especially since IBM was still making CPUs for Apple at the time.
1216 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 112 previous comments
- oh. I agree... think its great. MS just took a BIG hit. They are already way behind Apple & GoogJul 16, 2014
- History repeats again ;)Jul 16, 2014
- Steve Jobs said, “If, for some reason, we make some big mistake and IBM wins, my personal feeling is that we are going to enter a computer Dark Ages for about twenty years.”Jul 17, 2014
- What? http://mashable.com/2015/05/28/ivm-gets-macs/May 29, 2015
- He's showing the middle fingerAug 7, 2015
- Sep 30, 2015
Add a comment...