You can now hit the road with Android Auto. Developers, it’s time to get your Android Auto enabled apps published to the Play Store. This blog post (http://goo.gl/uYA9RR) by discusses the steps to enable your apps for Android Auto and the hardware that is now available for consumers.
198 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 15 previous comments
- Can anyone confirm if Android Auto runs Uber? If not, I would really like to see the partners app made available or at the very least have the idea of those car services being added to the supported apps. That would be a great addition to the line up. Thoughts?Jun 12, 2015
- I have a chevrolet cruze LT 2011, I bought in China and put a central multimedia with Android 4.2.2 jelly bean, it happened that one day, when turning on multimedia, appeared the image of Android, the little robot, as it always was, but this timeIt was in that picture, already makes about 15 days which is the same problem, not out of the boot screen, already tried the reset button which is on the panel, next to the display. I need a new OS to reinstall, someone help me?Aug 24, 2015
- you still have the crappy oldschool head unit/UI there though.. are there any options that are pure android auto?May 28, 2016
- not sure what you are asking for. The head unit displays Android Auto if you have your phone plugged in, but can provide a legacy UI as a fallback if the user does not have any kind of phone. I have one of the early Pioneer units that provides a simple radio and SD card player if your phone is not plugged in, that is about as basic as it gets.May 31, 2016
- hmm.. yeah I guess I see the need for something for if there's no phone available. I guess I just wish someone would make a head unit that didn't have an oldschool, unresponsive, clunky, dated looking interface when you're not in android auto...May 31, 2016
- Oct 16, 2017
Add a comment...