Google Play services 7.0 - Places Everyone!
We're now rolling out a new version of Google Play services to Android devices worldwide. This update brings the latest and greatest APIs from Google including a new Location Settings Dialog and new Places API:Location Settings Dialog
- We’re making it easy to check for optimal location settings and offer a one touch control for users to change their settings with the Location Settings Dialog.Places API
- Brand new to Google Play Services is the Places API, giving you access to all of the places and business details through the Place Picker dialog or through your own UI using the getCurrentPlace() API and our autocomplete search results.Google Fit
- Fit is slimming down their memory usage and splitting the Fitness.API into multiple separate APIs as well as added support for body fat percentage and sleep data.Google Play Games
- Announced at GDC (http://goo.gl/6ewnwr
), this release adds the Nearby Connections API, allowing games to seamlessly connect smartphones and tablets as second-screen controls to the game running on your TV.App Indexing
- We’ve simplified the App Indexing API to make it even easier to get your app into Google Search results.
You'll be able to get started with the new APIs as soon as the Google Play services rollout is complete -- a process we expect to take several days. We'll then release the updated Google Play services SDK and you'll be able to download it through the Android SDK manager. Watch for more information coming soon.
Check out the post below for details. #GooglePlayServices #AndroidDev