Anyone out there have any faith left in RIM or NOKIA?
18 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 21 previous comments
- 1. Nokia should make Android compatible handsets a well as Windows.
2. Rim should be the premier qwerty keyboard smartphone vender and license a crippled version of BBM to iOS and Android whilst retaining the full version of BBM exclusively for their own handsets.
IMOAug 17, 2012
- Nokia no hey are too deep in MS pocket.
I still see some hope for RIM, but that is fading quickly. Not sure if they have the time to turn things around and currently doesn't seem like they are willing to. They should just go android and offer specific blackberry services as exclusive or even paid appsAug 17, 2012
- Aug 17, 2012
- Microsoft is in deep Shi...t due to Nokia downfall right now the obvious way for Microsoft to maintain its shares which are invested in Nokia by purchasing the company itself and re utilize it for there on brand cell phone with various operating systems!!!! Or Nokia should adopt android and open source development!!!Aug 17, 2012
- Yes, I think and hope RIM, Nokia, and WP8 find their markets, however niche, and compete as hard as they can.Aug 17, 2012
- RIM's best product (And the reason they beat Microsoft 6-ways-to-Sunday in the business smartphone market, back when Windows, Palm and BB were it for smartphones) was/is Blackberry Enterprise Server. The managability & security, and the true-push-features provided by 'Blackberry as a complete solution' was their entire appeal - and why BBs still sell even though they are 'dated' in terms of consumer features. If RIM wants to survive, they should become a software company & make BES hardware-agnostic (Eg, a BES-client app that runs on iOS or Android & provides BB-style management for all phones)... Selling the managed solution separate from the hardware gives them a reason-to-exist & allows them to capitalize on their strength... Nokia? Play taps now... Microsoft has never, ever made a phone OS that is worth using. They are good at desktop software (And would be wise to stay in that realm) but their mobile products are worst-in-class every time... And Nokia's future is now tied to the Windows Phone/Windows 8 boat-anchor (it's gonna be worse than MS BOB)....Aug 28, 2012