Todd Rider’s technology, called Double-stranded RNA Activated Caspase Oligomerizer, or DRACO, has already proven effective in lab tests against 18 viruses, including strains of the common cold, flu, and dengue fever. Rider hypothesizes that DRACOs could one day offer a cure for chickenpox, herpes, Zika, and even HIV.
Rider’s credentials check out. He’s a trained biomedical researcher, an MIT engineer, and a Harvard Medical School regular. He invented DRACOs 15 years ago, and has eked out a steady stream of positive (though preliminary) results ever since. He is not a nutcase and his idea makes inherent sense. DRACOs work by seeking out RNA produced by viruses inside the cells they have infected. If found, the DRACO binds to it and activates a suicide switch, killing the cell. Healthy cells are left unharmed, and before long the infection is eradicated.
SUPPORT HIM TODAY: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/draco-may-be-a-cure-for-all-viral-infections
(Body from https://www.inverse.com/article/16357-the-draco-indiegogo-campaign-could-save-us-from-viruses-but-no-one-will-pony-up)
A man devoid of hope and conscious of being so has ceased to belong to the future. Albert Camus
Over and over (and over) again, Clinton cast Trump as a brash-talking buffoon who has "no clue" about foreign policy or how the world works more broadly. And it continued after the speech, too!
What Clinton seemed to be signaling ... was less that she and Trump have very different visions of America's role in the world, which they do, and much more that she could fight fire with fire. That if Trump wants to call her "Crooked Hillary," she will call him "no clue" Donald. That if he wants to turn this campaign into a war of (nasty) words, she's ready to go taunt for taunt.
The first one is great. I love running my businesses from home, as I get more time with my family. But okay, you don't know anything but working some minimum wage job, I get that. You just don't understand how it is someone could work from home.
And I'm married, so I think number 2 is fine too. We're both the boss, so yes, I sleep next to my boss.
Number 3 and onwards just go off the rails.
In a speech today, Senator Sanders made it clear that he was more than willing to put defeating Donald Trump and the urgent need to unify a shaky and splintering Democratic Party above his personal pride and idealism. He congratulated Secretary Clinton on her “strong campaign” and proclaimed that “I look forward to meeting with her in the near future to see how we can work together to defeat Donald Trump and to create a government which represents all of us and not just the 1 percent.”
Plus, it's not like I'd had time to publish on there lately. Though I have some great things coming up once my legal battle with a certain someone is over. Gonna be fun writing about that!
If Einstein hadn't left his job at the patent office in the fall of 1909 to accept the post of Professor Extraordinary in theoretical physics at the University of Zurich, the things he accomplished in the decades after may have happened a lot later or not at all.
The glass slipper doesn't fit everyone, but sometimes that shoe finds its Cinderella.
Produced by Tax Free Film for Omega Watches
Directed by Franco Tassi & Andrea Gasparo
Andrea Lazzarotti (design materials, texturing, models & lighting),
Brian Chinnery, Alessandro Bandinelli, Giorgia Baldissera, Mauro Baldissera (models & lighting)
Guido Zatti (models & lighting e lighting CG Watches)
Fabrizio Cuppini, Federico Tosi (concept design),
Federico Ghirardini (compositing and color grading)
Giulio Leoni (producer)
Luca Albanese and Francesco Taddeucci (Creatives)
#watch #watches #Omega #watchcollecting #ns
If that was a fashion fad, it faded very quickly, and I never saw anyone dressed that way again. But it's all just folds of cloth - even if it looks novel. Each to their own, eh?
- Villanova UniversityMechanical Engineering, 2003 - 2007Additional Courses Taken: Leadership in Non-Profit Organizations, Marketing Research, Buyer Behavior, Professional Selling
My Google+ Creds:
- In the Top 4000 of 500 million G+ Users by an engagement-based metric.
- Some other recent rankings, according to CircleCount.com:
- Some recent rankings according to GplusData.com (Updated 5/6/14)
- By Followers
- 5th in Pennsylvania Users
- 374th in United States Users
- 535th in Male Users Worldwide
- 675th in English Users Worldwide
- 890th in Users Worldwide
- By Follower Growth
- Featured for over 12 months on the Google+ Suggested User List (SUL).
- Known for Google+ tips and guides here as well as on my blog. My most popular guides have to be the Google+ Community Member Guide and the Google+ Community Owner Guide.
- Got to hang out with Al Gore and talk about climate change in the first ever (and apparently last ever) Conversation on Google+ (HOA).
- Host of the Social Media Hangout HOA series from the Social Media Communities
- Featured guest on the Digital Marketing Excellence Show with host Eric Enge about How Communities Can Drive Your Success Online.
- Got through all that, and want to see more? See all of my most popular Google+ posts here!
All posts and opinons expressed by me on Google+ are entirely my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any employer or other organization with which I might be connected.
- Socialize MeOwner, Social Media Consultant, 2004 - presentDevelop and deliver customized media program/campaign recommendations based on research and client discussions. Manage online marketing campaigns effectively driving brand awareness, engagement and traffic to social media pages. Achieve a strong, visible social media presence and develop concepts with viral potential. Continuously monitor online public relations and ensure the success of client programs. Assess social media marketing strategies to determine rate of return. Identify and tap into new channels to optimize ROI and fuel revenue growth. Managed relationships with online advertising partners and internal teams to generate leads and revenue for clients.
- StarTalk Radio with Neil deGrasse TysonWebmaster, 2013 - 2014Responsible for maintaining website. Ensure site is functioning properly and is available to users. Test speed of access and improve loading speeds without sacrificing quality. Debug issues that arise with the performance of the website. Help prepare a long-term plan for Web site development and presence, including standards and guidelines for content, based on organization goals and input from sponsors/stakeholders. Co-ordinate with Web site departments and content creators from across the organization. Assess competing Web sites as regards to content, look and feel, and functionality, and make improvement recommendations for the site.
- Rieker Instrument Co., Inc.Inventory Specialist, Mechanical Engineer, 2011Responsible for reviewing engineering change notices and determining the potential impact on the current inventory or production schedule. Communicated effectively with engineering and manufacturing staff on the status of engineering change notices and the impacted document(s). Handled the tasks of controlling and monitoring engineering documents (Parts Lists, Drawings, and Electronic Schematics) in order to ensure compliance with the corporate methodology and procedures required for ISO 9001 implementation and certification. Supported management in the development and implementation of the company’s quality management system as well as ISO 9001 compliance.
- Remcal Products CorporationJunior Mechanical Engineer, 2010In addition to primary role, held concurrent responsibility for assuming cross-trained positions as needed within Quality Control, Shipping, Receiving, Manufacturing, Packing, and Return Departments. Ensured quality control standards in broad areas of products inspection and logistical operations. Used extensive product development knowledge and natural affinity for processes and principles to reverse engineer or re-design parts according to customer specifications and requirements. Communicated with both vendors and customers in order to ensure the lowest possible quotation and highest quality product design. Created 2D and 3D models and drawings of parts, assemblies, installations and attachments.
Quitting Your Job to Pursue Your Passion is Bullshit
Two years ago, I quit my full-time, salaried with benefits job to pursue self-employment as an independent freelance graphic designer. (This
Jay Baer – Keynote – Pubcon Vegas 2014 - The Crossing of Marketing and IT
Jay Baer gave a great keynote on “Youtility” at Pubcon Vegas 2014, these are the notes Elmer took during the talk.
3 Ways Brands Can Utilize Meerkat - @vincenzolandino
There are always new tools and apps that seem to pop up in social media. Many will say they are the best, others simply appear and disappear
Ultimate List of Over 200 Authority Domains Accepting Backlinks
We put together the ultimate list of high authority (DA) websites that accept links and guest posting. The list of domains is currently at 2
How to Drive 10,000 Monthly Visits Using Quora | Webris
I was able to drive well over 100 visits with one post to Quora using this simple web hack. Click to read how to drive 10,000 visits monthly
Steady Demand Hires 2 Stars and Launches End2End Hangouts
Steady Demand Hires Christine DeGraff & Mia Voss, Launches End2end Hangouts, Professional Web Series For Businesses.