Andrew is a consummate thinker, investor, writer and exponent of all things rational. He is a public exponent of 'critical thinking', writing on topical issues in the global media. Too much of what we read today is accepted uncritically because people have not been trained to think. Westerners are generally stronger in this regard than people from developing countries, however there is so much room for improvement.
The steps you can do to change this is:
1. Read material that challenges you.
2. Do things that challenge you.
3. Associate with people who challenge you.
4. Develop self management systems to perform these tasks 'systematically' every day of your life.
5. Expand those systems to incorporate other like-minded people in your 'sphere of influence'.