Legal Intern, 2013 - present
• Draft, review, and edit numerous contracts including licensing, publishing, production, representation agreements, & many more.
• Conduct legal and factual research pertaining to the different issues the firm’s clients are exposed to.
• Draft and serve DMCA Takedown Notices on various websites to protect our clients’ various copyrights.
• Recruit, manage, and market music artists by working closely with top entertainment industry professionals from agencies such as BMI, ASCAP, BMG, and other worldwide entertainment firms.
• Collaborated exclusively with firm's principal, Ivan Parron, on conducting research, drafting various agreements and documents, and contacting numerous States' Divisions of Labor for work related to the production of The X-Factor Kids: Latin America.
• Speak with and assist firm’s clientele with various high-priority tasks related to the entertainment industry.
Miami Law Entertainment & Sports Law Society
President, 2013 - present
• Elected as the first-ever 2L President of Miami Law's largest student organization (ESLS).
• Currently planning ESLS' 17th Annual Entertainment & Sports Law Symposium by personally contacting professionals from across the country to speak at the event, soliciting sponsorship for the event from many companies, firms, and agencies, and securing a location for the Symposium and the networking social held the evening prior the the Symposium.
• Organized a first-of-its-kind event banding together the 4 Miami-area law schools' ESLS organizations to host a Sports Lawyers Association local outreach event giving our members the chance to network with local attorneys and other local law students sharing similar interests.
• Implemented strategies to vastly increase membership, improve the quality of ESLS events, and raise the bar when it comes to networking event offerings through ESLS.
ABA Intellectual Property Law Section
Law Student Reporter, 2013 - 2013
• Selected as 1 of 8 law students in the entire nation to participate in an elite Intellectual Property Law program at the 2013 ABA Annual Conference.
• Reported via social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, blog, etc.) on numerous panels, discussions, forums, & other events related to Intellectual Property Law.
• Networked with very highly-regarded and respected Intellectual Property Law attorneys from around the United States.
EPIC Sports & Entertainment
Legal & Marketing Associate, 2012 - 2013
• Led our team’s NFL Draft preparation efforts by conducting extensive NFL & NCAA football research.
• Developed customized marketing plans for each of our football clients.
• Recruited, managed, and marketed music artists by working closely with top entertainment industry professionals.
• Delegated, supervised, and reviewed sports and entertainment projects assigned to EPIC’s Interns.
• Assisted in drafting, reviewing, and editing of various legally-binding contracts including expense agreements and representation agreements.
• Managed company website and all social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
Hitchcock Sports Management
Legal Intern & Agent Assistant, 2011 - 2012
• Collaborated with firm’s attorneys in the areas of estate planning, will drafting, and trust funding.
• Researched, targeted, and contacted potential football and baseball clients.
• Contacted companies to secure sponsorship of our MMA clients Brock Lesnar and Cole Konrad.
• Individually negotiated, drafted, and finalized endorsement contracts valued in excess of $1,000.
• Personally recruited the #1 baseball prospect in South Dakota and the #2 baseball prospect in Nebraska.
• Maintained positive relationships with athlete clients and their families.