One thing that upsets me is that Apple blogs are using my post as evidence that Android will never, ever be as smooth as iOS. I don't think this is necessarily true. It may not be at the moment, but look at all the progress that's been made between Android 1.5 and 4.0 in a few short years.
59 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 27 previous comments
- let them be. I know the future is bright for Android. I remember using a 1.6 android. And now I am using 4.0. The changes and the improvement is like 20-40x. Android will continue to be succesful and will bring more innovations and performance improvements.Dec 8, 2011
- thanks for your post Andrew, super useful.Dec 8, 2011
- I'm considering itDec 9, 2011
- Isn't this the issue that ICS has fixed?Dec 10, 2011
- according to Andrew it´s a fundamental flaw so no that´s not fixed in ICS. Other people like myself have a completely different view on the technical mechanisms. As they usually have a hard core solid background in either Android or computer graphics in general this will explain and many others comments.
ICS actually fixed quite a number of the reasons Android can be laggy under certain circumstances but that´s a technical debate while posted a ´Engadget´ kind of story.Dec 10, 2011
- I can't believe that an intern's post was quoted countless times in Apple blogs and they made it sound like it was "FACT" or 100% true. lol. kinda funny really.Dec 11, 2011