82 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 53 previous comments
- Hi. Will it be increased limit of new portals commits per agents? 0.5 portal per day is so small...especially, if you are in places where there are small portals network.23w
- With new portals being submitted to the OPR system, how is this affecting those who still have pending portal submissions that are 3+ years old?
Is the system still recognizing pre-December 31st 2015 submissions and counting those towards unlocking the bronze Seer badge?
What prompted me to ask this question is last week you said
"Be assured that each submission will be processed, though not always in the order in which it was received."
Do you think it is right for a more recent submission to be accepted over one submitted several years ago?
I still have about a dozen pending submissions that are over 3 years old (August 2014). I have been eagerly waiting for over 3 years to at least have a bronze Seer badge.23w
- good day Andrew.
Soon there will be another anniversary and a holiday - from the day of the launch of Ingress.
What events, promotions and medals Nia plans on this day (week or month)?
There is a lot of suggestions for new portals.
in some places many agents, and all the proposed portals - are considered quickly.
in other places - agents are few, and consideration of new portals -
takes a long time.
this situation can be observed even in one country (Russia, China or Indonesia for example ...).
Will the time period for changing locations on the site https://opr.ingress.com/recon be reduced ?
To make suggestions for new portalswere considered more successfully and on time ...
And probably it is necessary to make some piece displayed on the map, so that you can see where the help is needed, in reviewing and approving new portals.
Thank you for your attention and answers ;)23w
- Hey andrew. Why in the last few months the notifications for attack are getting late in my scanner, when they get there? Sometimes i just receive "portal neutralized"... hehe23w
- Next Time Please be more creative than just to use my own message by copying ^^"23w
Q40: Randy Booz (Wyndmyr) - Under OPR Guides, There is nothing specific for baseball fields, soccer fields, hockey courts, tennis courts, basketball courts, and etc. Obviously these things encourage outdoor exercise, and are not at all uncommon in communities. They don't intuitively seem to fit with the ruling as 'Exercise Equipment'.
A40: If you are unsure of something you should rate it 3 stars.
For the first question whether this should be a portal, the instructions say that Exercise Equipment should be accepted with 3 stars. Here you say that 3 stars is the same as "unsure", but it appears that for this question 1=reject, 2-5=accept, there is no "unsure". For the other questions 3 is unsure, and this is really confusing probably for almost everybody.
On the other hand, if 3 stars for the first question was really "unsure", why would the instructions suggest to say "unsure" to all Exercise Equipment? While the general policy for those is Accept (not" I-don't-know").23w
- Can't decode answer 52 from most recent AMA. Base64 decodes to ASCII nonsense, tried other text encodings and image formats to no avail. Hint?22w
- Andrew Krug. If you really working in Niantic, please give to us ingress 2.0 screenshots!22w
- Hi, I have 3 questions related to #Ingress AMA Moronic Monday :
- For Ingress 2.0 : it would be very great to have the possibility of bookmarking keys. It's very useful for portals you have to recharge - either because they are guardians or part of an operation, or field to keep alive, for a farm, just a portal you want to keep with at least 1 of your Resos etc...
Starred keys could not be thrown, nor recycled, nor put in a caps, nor used for a link (to avoid loosing them) until unbookmarked - it would be a protection to be sure keeping them), but of course they will continue to be counted in the item 2000 inventory limit.
In addition, in "OPS - Portal keys" there would be another tab "Bookmarks" in the sorting options with "Distance" and "Title". So we would be able to have selected only our favorites keys, with ability to recharge portals easily, without having to put them in a caps, then unload and mix with the others, find them, and not forget to reput in caps after finished !
Imho it would be a very useful tool, what do you think of it ? :)
- I make some missions beginning in town A and finishing in town B, with many steps besides (for ex. 9 portals to hack / capture / mod / answer question), sometimes 45 minutes in total (travel + actions). I always choose to allow doing them in any order.
Problem : if I'm in town A, of course I well see the mission proposed, but if I'm in town B, I don't. As the mission can also be started in town B and finished in A, perhaps it would be good, near the last portal of the mission in B, to make it appear on the scanner "Missions" menu screen, to allow agents see there is another one that can be done in "reverse" order ?
- I understand you have to carefully verify each portal submission (via OPR) to avoid fakes or misplaced, and photos to be sure there is no inappropriate material, but you should allow trusted agents to be able correct titles and descriptions (as the vanguards for promotion).
I see often portals without description and I'd like to add one, or many titles with error spelling, or missing word, which is frustrating and as Ingress is also a game for promoting cultural / historical locations, it's good to correct them. I have an example of a very mismatching and inappropriate spelling title, which leads to a a high disturbing sense. I reported it 5 months ago, a friend also some weeks later, it has never been reviewed. Another one with an "s" forgotten at end of a plural word has been rejected by NIA reviewers despite many reports.
What's your opinion about allowing some Agents L11 and above, who already submitted qualified missions / portals / photos, to be able to correct only titles and descriptions in a limited area (where he lives and plays the most) ? You could add a limit (7 per week) to avoid spam and bad behavior, and if possible an algorithm to verify that title is not completely changed but just some lettrers / few words are corrected. The modifications would be displayed immediately and visible for other agents in Ingress then PoGo, but of course could be manually reviewed later by Niantic (or reported by other players if incorrect), in this case you could remove agent's authorization to edit.
Thanks and best regards,
Add a comment...