In dreams from the Lord, I believe that everything
we remember is meaningful.
Five things struck me as important, or stuck out in my mind as you related your dream:
(1) You said that it was dark, you'd finished work early and it was still "pitch black". Darkness, I think, would certainly indicate evil (if not the tribulation, which is sometimes described as "outer darkness", certainly evil/sin). The first scripture that came to my mind was Romans 13:11
-13, "And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. *The night is far spent, the day is at hand*. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy."
& 1 John 1:5, "This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light
; in Him there is no darkness
We certainly know that evil is all around us and that darkness increasing. Your 3 dodgy sort of fellows made me think of the verse, "...men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." John 3:19
(2) You spoke of wearing your red hoodie with the silver zip seemed "padded" or "inflated" and that your muscles looked bigger in it, for which you were glad because you wanted to appear tough so the fellows wouldn't mug you. As I mentioned before, the first verse that came to mind in this segment was Isaiah 61:10
, "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation
, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness
, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." When you are covered by the blood of Jesus "You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday." Psalm 91:5-6
(3) You mentioned that you went into a sandwich shop to buy food....Jesus said, "I am the BREAD OF LIFE" (John 6:48
) 1 Corinthians 5:8 talks about the "bread of sincerity and truth." and the Word of God has been likened to "our Daily Bread"....So, you are being nourished with Christ, His Word, sincerity & truth. (this is good!)
(4) You spoke of the color of your truck as white. In the natural you may well drive a white truck, however the color white in the Bible represents Righteousness & Holiness. Also, your vehicle in a dream often indicates your ministry...a ministry of righteousness/holiness, in this case.
(5) You mentioned that after you had gotten the sandwich, and was returning to your truck, you were no longer concerned about the seedy fellows from earlier because one of them was sick and the other two were distracted tending to him. It is interesting that YOU did not have to engage these folks in a conflict. I believe that the Lord took them on for you. This bit reminded me of what David said to Goliath, "...Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s
, and He will give you into our hands." (1 Samuel 17:47
Oh, yes, one more thing: FIVE (5) is the Number of Grace!
God bless you, Brother Andrew, in Jesus Christ's most Holy Name.