can you possibly do a quick article on Android Police for me regarding BBC iPlayer for those of us using the US Import models. The cast button will NOT appear until you factory reset your Chromecast - which in my case has changed the country code displayed in the Android set-up app from "US" to "GB" and now the cast button appears in iPlayer.
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
View 14 previous comments
- Good point, I'll add in that detailMar 19, 2014
- When I try I player from my UK device i get "Service Unavailable 10.0.1413509" Youtube works great!Mar 19, 2014
- Me too.
At first I thought it was because my Chromecast said US in the settings. So I did a factory reset. This put it to UK in the settings ... So I was hopeful ...
...but it still don't work in iPlayer. Same message as you. YouTube works OK ... and other things ... just not iPlayer yet.
Will try it from my N7 next.Mar 19, 2014
- Worked straightaway from my Nexus 7.
So Chromecast itself seems fine.
For info ... Its my Nexus 7 (2012) that is NOT working.Mar 19, 2014
- Hey ... its bloody brilliant on my Nexus 5. I love it. Well done the beeb. 😁Mar 19, 2014
- I have a US Chromecast, the language is UK English but it shows as a US device. I rebooted it (may not have needed to) and iPlayer works fine from my gen 1 N7 with 4.4.2Mar 22, 2014