Our revised criteria (https://support.google.com/ingress/answer/3066197?hl=en) is even more focused on really cool and unique Portals that have a good story or that are of historical significance. We want Agents to be able to visit a Portal and learn something about their community or be visually impressed by an object they might not have known was there.
Going forward, we will review all Portal Appeal candidates against this new criteria. We will continue to review all candidates but only overturn those that meet the new Portal criteria.
If we overturn our decision we will add a #CoolPortal to your post and if we decide to stick to our original decision, don’t be disappointed, just #KeepDiscovering.
- Include all required information: review the “About this Community” section and ensure that your appeal is complete; incomplete appeals, even if they have the required number of votes, will be downvoted by NIA Ops and will not be considered.
- Ensure it meets basic requirements: even if your post receives enough “yes” votes to be reviewed, if the candidate is on private residential property (regardless of how close it is to the sidewalk), too close to another Portal, doesn't meet the acceptance criteria or does not have safe pedestrian access, it will be downvoted by NIA Ops and will not be considered.
- Provide good evidence: the less information you give, the longer it takes for us to review your appeal and the less likely it is to succeed. Depending on your appeal, this may mean images of the area, videos, links to historical documents, helpful URLs, etc. If you didn’t include a description with your candidate originally, write one up for your appeal so that we can add it to your candidate should your appeal be accepted.
- Incorporate feedback: lots of experienced Agents frequent this community and will give you helpful feedback on your appeal and what you may want to include to have it succeed. We recommend listening to and incorporating that feedback.
Appeals we review that don’t include all required information or that don’t meet the basic requirements listed above may not receive a response from NIA Ops - look for a “no” vote from us to indicate that we took a look, but that we will not be accepting the appeal.
If you revise your appeal following a “no” vote, please start a new post instead of editing or updating the old one- this helps us ensure we don’t miss it.
What are your initial thoughts?
I’d like to come up with a list of reasons why a fantasy RPG (high or low) campaign setting has a healthy dose of monster-filled dungeons ready for adventure. What would you add to the list?
> The dungeons are the remains of a large but fallen civilization, now long gone and forgotten to some apocalyptic disaster.
> One or more gods of the world encourage their followers to build large, complex, underground temples and then move on.
> All the dungeons are naturally occurring structures created by lava or rock-eating creatures.
> The remains of a recent feudal kingdom, with many lords and ladies, each of whom had an obligation to build and maintain a dungeon.
- DigitasLBiDigital Marketing, presentMedia Innovations Director. Good media connects brands with people; it transforms creativity from art into marketing and technology from utility into marketing.
On the weekends Andrew divides his time between geeky hobbies like RPG, anime, sci-fi, the occasional web project and more digital marketing. He runs sites like www.geeknative.com because even in his time off he likes to get digital!
Despite all the mentions of digital marketing; this is a personal profile!
- George Watson's College
- Heriot-Watt University
- Napier University
Missguided show how affiliate and native advertising can merge together
UK retailer Missguided have launched the “Missguided Active” sports range. To kick off the campaign they've emailed affiliates. This is a go
Do exact match domains still work as an SEO tactic?
While Google has set out to tackle exact match domains of dubious quality, it seems this is an SEO tactic that may still work.
Affiliate Window offers publishers compensation for network disruption c...
Publishers have welcomed Affiliate Window’s decision to offer them compensation for any potential revenue loss during a recent...
Andrew Girdwood On The Future of 'SEO For Brands' In 2014 [Video]
At our 'SEO for Brands' in 2014 Think Tank we conducted a short interview with Andrew Girdwood. He is currently Media Innovations Director..
9 Social Media Strategies for Global Ecommerce - Global Ecommerce Solutions
Social media is a potent tool for the global ecommerce marketer. Done right, it can increase engagement, loyalty, and even sales — all at an
‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including h
Put social media at the heart of your business strategy with #CSMNY @Use...
70% of C-Suite executives say social represents an opportunity to transform their business for the better. Social media has overturned the t
BIMA Blog » 5 areas to get right for improved agility and 1 big reason t...
In marketing, 'agility' once referred to particularly swift actions and decisions. Increasingly, 'agility' is synonymous with ability. Conce
Guardians of the Galaxy character videos: Groot & Rocket
Marvel have just uploaded two character trailers for Guardians of the Galaxy. There's little snippets. We do get to hear Rocket speak.
Guardians Of The Galaxy: James Gunn's Trailer Breakdown
Guardians director Gunn talks us through the first trailer