Andrea Arden has written numerous books including Dog Friendly Dog Training (Wiley, 2007), Train Your Dog the Lazy Way (Macmillan, 1999), and The Little Book of Dog Tricks (IDG, 2002). Her newest book, Barron's Bible of Dog Training was released in November 2011.
She has been the behavior columnist for Dog Fancy and The New York Dog magazines as well as a contributing writer for the AKC Gazette, Modern Dog and numerous other publications.
Andrea can be seen on Animal Planet's Dogs101, Cats101, America's Cutest Dog, America's Cutest Cat, and Underdog to Wonderdog. She was the trainer for The Pet Department, FX’s Emmy award winning daily show and appears regularly on The Today Show. Her appearances also include 20/20, Dateline NBC, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Live with Regis & Kelly, The View, CBS News, CNN, Fox, PBS, Fox News, and Lifetime, as well as numerous radio shows.
Andrea serves on the Board of Directors of the Animal League Defense Fund (ALDF) and Pets for Patriots, Inc. Andrea has served on the Board of Directors of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) and the Board of Directors of Animal Haven Shelter and Sanctuary.
Andrea is a Certified Pet Dog Trainer through the Certification Council for Pet Dog Trainers as well as a Certified Pet Partners Team evaluator for the Delta Society and the AKC’s Canine Good Citizen test. She is the director of Andrea Arden Dog Training, and was named the best dog trainer in New York by New York, W, Time Out and Quest magazines as well as the Daily News. For information on dog training services, please call 212-414-9597 or email email@example.com
- St. Lawrence University
- PupBoxHead of Training and Development, presentA monthly development box for new puppy owners that delivers educational material, treats, toys, and accessories straight to your doorstep each month. Each box highlights puppy safe products personalized by age and physical characteristics. Educational material will be provided each month to help walk new puppy owners through the many training steps and developmental changes they will encounter throughout puppyhood.
- NBCUniversalGuest Pet Expert, presentAn American media and entertainment company engaged in the production and marketing of entertainment, news, and information products and services to a global customer base. The company owns and operates American television networks, numerous cable channels, and a group of local stations in the United States, as well as motion picture companies, several television production companies, and branded theme parks.
- Powderhouse ProductionsTalent, presentSince 1994, Powderhouse Productions has been producing television for cable and broadcast networks, agencies, brands, and corporations. Powderhouse is the largest independent producer of television in New England. From important documentaries to factual entertainment, they excite, inspire, and entertain viewers throughout the world.
- Barron's Educational SeriesAuthor, presentBarron's Dog Training Bible by Andrea Arden. "This training guide applies to all canine breeds. Author Andrea Arden— a well-known trainer also seen on Animal Planet’s shows, Underdog to Wonderdog, Dogs 101, and Cats 101 — points out the importance of understanding canine psychology and learning capacity as necessary prerequisites to effective training. She also discusses different approaches to dog training, and the differences in temperament, energy levels, and traits among various breeds. Her training directions cover topics that includeBarron’s Dog Training Bible is filled with instructive color photos, and features a spiral binding, which will keep the book open to chosen pages when training is in progress."
- Andrea Arden Dog TrainingPet Expert/Animal Trainer, presentAndrea is the founder and director of the Andrea Arden Dog Training which was named best of New York by New York Magazine, Quest magazine, and the Daily News. She oversees the school's locations in New York City offering group instruction, private & board training and dog social events including: puppy playdates, small dog socials, breed playdates, and more.
- Pets for PatriotsDirector and Secretary, 2013 - presentPets for Patriots’ vision is to end animal homelessness by supporting the permanent placement of adult dogs and cats with every available, able and willing military family in the United States. Join our cause. Together, we can end animal homelessness and enrich the lives of our military members. We know our vision is bold and daunting. But together with partnering animal shelters, rescues, SPCAs, veterinarians, pet care and service providers, military and veterans organizations – and a public willing to admit that it is unacceptable in our society to abuse, neglect and abandon pets – we can make this vision a reality.
- Animal League Defense FundBoard of Directors, 2015 - presentFor more than three decades, the Animal Legal Defense Fund has been fighting to protect the lives and advance the interests of animals through the legal system. Founded in 1979 by attorneys active in shaping the emerging field of animal law, ALDF has blazed the trail for stronger enforcement of anti-cruelty laws and more humane treatment of animals in every corner of American life. Today, ALDF’s groundbreaking efforts to push the U.S. legal system to end the suffering of abused animals are supported by thousands of dedicated attorneys and more than 100,000 members and supporters.
- Animal PlanetPet Expert, presentAnimal Planet's Dogs101, Cats101, Pets101, America's Cutest Pet & Underdog to Wonderdog. Discovery Communications, Inc. (DCI) is an American global mass media and entertainment company based in Silver Spring, Maryland. DCI produces original television programming and acquires content from producers worldwide. This non-fiction and fiction programming is offered through DCI's 28 network entertainment brands, including Animal Planet.
- Animal Haven ShelterBoard of Directors, 2006 - 2012Animal Haven is a nonprofit organization that finds homes for abandoned cats and dogs throughout the Tri-State area, and provides behavior intervention when needed to improve chances of adoption. Founded in 1967, we operate an adoption center in Manhattan and mobile adoption van. We also provide programs that enhance the bond between animals and people. Animal Haven is a 501 (c) 3 organization.
- Sharp EntertainmentTalent, 2008 - 2010A Manhattan-based television production house with a reputation for pioneering a fresh perspective on pop-culture television.
- Modern Dog MagazineColumnist, 2007 - 2010A guide to everything dog! Get inspired with the best ideas & solutions for a life with dogs.
- Little Black Dog MediaSpokesperson, 2006 - 2008
- Doskocil Pet Products dba PetmateSpokesperson, 2000 - 2008Petmate, with its family of brands, is the trusted authority in smart pet care solutions. As the first to provide a safe and comfortable alternative to wooden travel crates, Petmate has gone on to introduce smart solutions for every stage in a pet’s life. At Petmate, we believe in what we do, because we have pets too! Check out all of the other great brands and products in the Petmate family: Bamboo, Fat Cat, Booda, Petmate and Aspen Pet.
- FX - FoxTrainer & Field Host, 1994 - 1999On air trainer and field host for FX's Emmy award winning daily show, The Pet Department, about pets.
32 West 25th Street, New York, NY 10010-2703
32 West 25th Street, New York, NY 10010-2703