Forced spending cuts take effect in one week, but it won't shrink lawmakers' salaries. CNN's Dana Bash explains why and asks legislators if they think their paycheck should be cut. Watch what happens: http://on.cnn.com/WfxAOt
22 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 6 previous comments
- Finally Anderson asks a journalist Question!!! Yes!Feb 22, 2013
- While I applaud this, part of the problem is that those who most need to learn from the pay cuts will not, because they are already wealthy, or have family members that upon their election became lobbyists, so they won't suffer. In the short run, this will feel good but in the long term it will make the barrier to entry even higher for people like us, even as it increases the incentives for congressman and congresswomen to sell themselves to the highest bidder, to ensure their economic future.Feb 22, 2013
- Brightly targeted topic. Consider what's happening to the european citizens the late years; they're forced to abandon their way of living, in some cases even elementary needs, while the politicians & the european members are highly keeping their welfare up. That's a shame ..Feb 22, 2013
- We'll pass along the message!Feb 22, 2013
- The buck needs to stop here. We are over paying these people look at wall street and look at our government. I don't see any difference in the two. Government should not be a money making business for the Government works. They forget who pays them their salary. I know I didn't vote on 147,000 a year for them. This is why our nation dept is so big because we over pay them and they just keep spending our tax money.Feb 22, 2013
- I see Republicans in a weird place regarding these cuts;
Most of them voted for it, some of them are calling it "obama's idea," some of them say the cuts are damaging, other say its only 2% of the budget.....there is no consensus, like their policy is based on internet message forums.
They seem to want the political bumpersticker of budget cutters, but they don't want to own the effects of budget cuts. The people that run campaigns on certainty are the ones destroying what little certainty exists.
All I know is that people are talking about billions of dollars like its just a number on paper and intangible.Feb 23, 2013