Edit... re-build... re-upload....
Here's the abstract:
We conducted an experiment in urban South India to examine the barriers faced by customers in purchasing a low-cost savings product. We found that banks have a high ability to influence financial access outcomes, even when product availability and eligibility rules are non-discretionary. Nearly all banks refused to market the regulator-mandated basic accounts, despite the customers being atypically persistent in asking for “basic accounts”. Additionally, in more than half (55%) of the bank branches visited, customers were turned away when they attempted to negotiate for an alternative, affordable savings product: in half of the cases, the bank refused to accept the customer’s valid identity or address proof, while in the other half of the cases, the bank refused to market an alternative low-cost product. For the accounts that were opened, the banks demanded excessive identity and address documents, withheld key information about the product’s terms and fees, and imposed significant time, effort, and incidental costs on the customers. Given the benefits of low-cost accounts and their linkage to the Indian government’s broader financial inclusion goals, our findings suggest a need for careful monitoring and targeted enforcement of India’s financial inclusion policy implementation.
And the direct link:
- Karadi Path Education Company Pvt. LtdGeneral Manager: Product and Training, 2013 - present
- Tata-Dhan Academy, MaduraiFaculty, 2009 - 2013
- People's Self-Help Housing, Santa Barbara, CA
- Centre for Microfinance, Tamil Nadu, India
- Shandong University, China
- Coast Blueprint and Art Supplies Co, Santa Barbara, CA
- Asian Student Center, Allston, MA
- Approach International Student Center, Allston, MA
- Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, CA
- JFK School of Government, Cambridge, MA
- King Open Extended Day, Cambridge, MA
- splitstackshape (R Package) (current)
- University of California, Santa BarbaraEconomics
- University of PhoenixEducation: Curriculum Design and Instruction
- Boston Language Institute
- Santa Barbara City College
Thea’s Tree: An Illustrated Ode to Daydreaming, the Passage of Time, and...
"Go plant this seed... And give it water and love and conversation." For the tellers of ancient myths, trees project the secret life of t
Thinking of Home Makes it Harder to Learn a Foreign Language | Wired Sci...
Reminders of one's homeland can hinder the ability to speak a new language. The findings could help explain why cultural immersion is the mo
The Hindu : Cities / Madurai : Where discipline is a way of life
Sunday's Heritage Walk organised by the Dhan Foundation, in association with the Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage and Mad
» Sustainability Score Turns World Order Upside Down
The United Nations Human Development Index is the world's all-purpose national scorecard, a single number that represents a country's succes
Ethiopian kids hack OLPCs in 5 months with zero instruction
What happens if you give a thousand Motorola Zoom tablet PCs to Ethiopian kids who have never even seen a printed word? Within five months,
YouTube - World Science Festival 2009: Bobby McFerrin Demonstrates the P...
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseMoviesUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, whi